First consultants appointment

(4 Posts)
Marrick Mon 28-Jan-13 15:32:22

Hi all,

I have my first consultant appointment tomorrow after well over a year of TTC. We had initial appointments at the doctors - I had a day 21 test and dh had sperm analysis, both of which were fine. I got my referral through from the local hospital, which is just for me - but I've no idea what's next and what will happen, or what further tests they can/will do. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
M x

Zoomania Mon 28-Jan-13 15:50:52

Glad things are moving for you and you have an appt. Waiting can seem endless.

They will take a history and may examine you. They may arrange swabs, an ultrasound or more blood tests. Sometimes they may book you for a dye test to check your tubes which is like an X-ray whilst dye is squirted in a bit like having a smear test.

Have you seen the fertility friends website? It is a brilliant source of info and support. Good luck

Marrick Mon 28-Jan-13 18:01:05

Thank Zoo, that looks like a really good website. The one thing no-one tells you about is the waiting, it seems like such a long time since we got our result. Thanks.

Marrick Tue 29-Jan-13 10:56:34

Well that was ok - there was a lot to take in! I have to have an ultra sound, an HSG and another blood test. More waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now