Period post laparascopy and hysteroscopy?

(1 Post)
QTPie Thu 20-Dec-12 13:08:52

Hi

What are people's experience of their period after a laparascopy (drained a couple of ovarian cysts and burnt away some Endo) and hysteroscopy (not sure his he did anything - he didn't find anything unexpected, so probably not)?

Had mine 8 days ago, period due today-ish.

Did bleed from recovery onwards - lighter than my standard period, but reasonable flow (my normal period cam be pretty heavy...). Did this, decreasing flow, until maybe Sunday (so 5 days). Have had a few isolated bleeds since (with the first few bowel movements - I guess blood is squeezed by the movement, which is quite normal during my period - sorry TMI) and a little "pinkish ness" sometimes when I wipe.

Haven't had period cramps as such (normally have something of varying degrees), but with so much "going on" down there and so many painkillers, not sure that I would notice! However, I have been feeling rough yesterday evening and today. I have no idea if I have just "over done" things, if it might be the start if an infection or complication (hope not - took the dressings off last night and nothing looks amiss) or if the roughness might be period related...

So:
- was that probably my period or can I expect AF imminently?
- any hope if AF doesn't now show that I could be pregnant (I know, stupidly eternal optimist.... My head says that no egg could stick through that blood..l)? Should I take a pregnancy test to double check?
- assuming I am not pregnant and AF doesn't really show in an identifiable form (ie with a definite start), what can I take to be CD1? Today (since that is when I can fairly liable assume that AF should have started...)? Not that I currently feel like DTD any time soon... sad

Thanks
QT

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now