Just had a PCOS scan

(4 Posts)
cupofteaandanicesitdown Thu 13-Dec-12 18:29:35

Total newbie - wasn't sure whether to post this on this or the conception forum and apologise in advance if this turns into a random ramble!

Just got back from the hospital, where a transvaginal scan showed the appearance of polycistic ovaries (but not necessarily PCOS, which I find rather confusing). Am going back for my Day 2 blood test in a few weeks as the nurse rather excitedly announced to me mid-scan 'you will be ovulating within 12 hours!'

I am obviously pleased I am ovulating but what I still don't understand is this - if the bloods confirm PCOS, but I have the 'ovulating kind of PCOS', what can I actually do to increase my chance of concieving? If I don;t need medication to bring on ovulation is there other medication I might be given to help the implantation? Pretty clueless as you can see?

Some random info about me in case it helps: I am slim / healthy BMI, no acne, and aged 33.

RedRobin1 Thu 13-Dec-12 21:59:27

I'd be interested in responses to this too. I am 30, no acne, slim, very regular monthly cycles 29-32days and get a positive opk on only 1 day of the month around cd16.

My cd12 blood test showed high lh than fsh and was asked to get a pelvic scan done. Obviously I thought my lh would be high at day12 as I was about to ovulate.

My pelvic scan was done on cd4 by a trainee nurse who told me I might have "slightly" poly cystic ovaries. She didn't explain further and wasn't even sure if she was reading it correctly. She said its because I had too many follicles on cd4. Don't know yet what it means.

cups is your period regular? I have also had another CD1 blood test done and will get the result on Monday.

I heard that sometimes you need more than 1 scan to determine if you really do have pcos?

cupofteaandanicesitdown Thu 13-Dec-12 23:08:18

Hi. Since coming off the pill 5 months ago they have varied in length, but seem to have settled at 34/35 days. My GP told me to have my blood test in day 2 of my cycle, and then my other blood test 7 days before period due. So will be doing them this coming cycle.

cupofteaandanicesitdown Thu 13-Dec-12 23:10:33

I also wonder why your blood test is on day 1 and they told me day 2? You would think that sort of thing would be standard practice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now