2 week wait - well 9 days this time :-)

(5 Posts)
blondebaby111 Wed 26-Dec-12 10:10:29

Hi luckystar, unfortunately for us it was negative, my heavy bleed started a few days ago. Never mind, round two nxt year. How r things going for u???

Luckystarfour Sun 09-Dec-12 16:09:17

meant to say blondebaby - you could always pay to have a CGH/Progesterone test privately - BUPA and other places would do this and confirm their thoughts with you. Have you had any spotting. I have everything crossed for you incase of a miracle too this time - keep hopeful. I know it is so hard. xx

Luckystarfour Sun 09-Dec-12 16:06:11

thanks blondebaby - yes just had ICSI - this is our 4th time - so a christmas miracle would be amazing!!

In fact slightly stranger - but we are having a 'sequential transfer', so I had a transfer on Saturday (embryo 1) and then have the second embryo transferred tomorrow fingers crossed!

I have honestly found that you need to know what you want and insist on it. I am so please to have found this clinic - as that they test in this way anyway and are so proactive, but I would never go with the two week wait urine test again.

Have been inclined to take it very easy in-between the two transfers, but the thought of a nice walk and bit of light shopping/lunch next week would be nice :-)

Would love to hear what others do/don't do? Eat/don't eat?

blondebaby111 Sun 09-Dec-12 15:41:41

Good luck to you, have u just had ivf. I feel the two week wait is the most horrendous thing ever. Your so lucky your clinic is gonna blood test you, I've had two neg preg results after 1st ivf but no proper period but yet they still won't blood test me yet!!
Anyway, lots nice walks and doing nice things for yourself helped me..its so hard to get your mind off of it isn't it..sending u lots of baby dust and hope u have a lovely surprise at xmas xx

Luckystarfour Sun 09-Dec-12 13:50:39

Hi there

Just refreshing my memory on the 'two week wait' - well actually my clinic test by a blood test so only 9 days to wait this time - phew!!

So what are everyones tips:

- to take a walk in the countryside or not to?
- spend time with feet up and house bound or not to?

I've been here three times already, this being the fourth, so I'm kind of of the opinion that there is no magic formula. However we always want to be well informed dont we!

Also some thoughts about foods to avoid would be good:

- Cold turkey, ham or no?
- Avoid the 'bad herb list' Basil, Caraway seeds, Celery seed, Ginger, fresh Horseradish, Savory, Marjoram, Nutmeg, Rosemary, Saffron. Sage, Parsley, Tarragon, Thyme, Watercress or not to?

Finally I'm taking progesterone injections this time round and boy do they feel bruised under the skin - although no surface bruise. So advice is massage them site and use a hot water bottle to disperse the oil based injection. However I have always been mindful to not use hot water bottles after transfer/ All be it this would be on my bum - love handles

So ladies - keep me sane - share those thoughts :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now