Endo and TTC 1 year - what investigations next?

(3 Posts)
BeadyEyes Tue 25-Sep-12 10:10:38

Hello ladies,

I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on my situation. I've been referred for further investigations and am wondering what is on the cards.

To cut a long story short, I have endo (laparoscopy in 2009, endo was moderate), had precancerous cervix cells removed about 10 years ago, hysteroscopy normal but thin endometrium, MRI revealed 'possible polycystic configuration' on one ovary. As far as I can tell from my notes, when I had the lap done in 2009 they did not check the tubes. Bloods are in the normal range but LH and FSH have risen over the past six months.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether they would do a HSG, or another lap at this stage? Or would they just refer me for IVF? I am 35 years old.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

cookiemonster100 Sat 29-Sep-12 14:37:03

Hi!
The tests they do before they refer you for Fertility treatment are
Blood test, hormones as well HIV and hepatitis.
Rubella
Chlamydia
Dye test on your tubes
Test DH / DP swimmers

I too have endo, have just had my 2nd laparoscopy. We have been TTC for 3 . They only discovered I had endo at the beginning of this yr from the first laparoscopy. I also had a hydrosalphinx in my left tube which they repaired then but however came back and I had removed on Thursday.
In our area you have to be TTC for 3 yrs to get referred on the NHS for IVF. They agreed on Wednesday than we can do this so we are just waiting now till its our turn.
The process i felt is quite slow. Last yr was spent going back on forth on tests and then waiting for the next stage. We had to do the blood test. They came back OK. Then we had to do the swimmers test. They came back ok. Then we had to wait for the appt at the fertility clinic. Only to be told we needed to re run some tests. Then we had to wait for the next fertility appt. then we got referred for the dye test. And so on and so on. So my top tips keep chasing appts and don't up. You will get there.
Hope this helps, good luck!!

BeadyEyes Sun 30-Sep-12 09:46:37

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now