IUI - is there any point...

(3 Posts)
Notcontent Fri 14-Sep-12 22:53:17

Thanks Faith. Well, I guess I will just see how it goes, as there is a small chance of it working. IVF sounds scary but I suppose it may be an option. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

HaveALittleFaith Fri 14-Sep-12 13:38:14

Hi I'm Faith. We've had fertility issues and were about to go on the waiting list for IVF when we discovered I was pregnant. Attitude around IUI varies. I know lots of people who are offered it, sometimes 3 before IVF. Whereas in my PCT they don't offer it at all and go straight for IVF. I think you have to try to stay positive - is the success rate about 12%? - for now. What are you considering as alternatives?

Notcontent Thu 13-Sep-12 22:09:33

Just looking for some support really.
I don't have any diagnosed infertility problems, but I am single and 39, so I have just had my first IUI this week. I think that when I decided to give this a try, I was a bit ignorant about the whole process. Now I am a bit disheartened by how low my chances are statistically and almost feel like there is no point trying!! I am a fairly negative person I guess.

I have a dd but would love another baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now