clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

SarahJ23 Mon 25-Feb-13 22:31:06

Hello everyone, glad to here some of you have good news and hopefully everyone will follow so just wanted to share that I'm starting all over again tomorrow with cycle 7 over the last 9 months, I hope I have better luck this time!!! Keep posting love reading about u all gives me comfort in knowing I'm not the only one and there is still hope x

KerryJewels Tue 26-Feb-13 13:43:05

Hi I'm new here...I'm 38 years old ttc # 3.I have PCOS and I'm on Metformin 2000 mg and first round of Clomid 50mg CD 19.I lost a tube due to an eptopic before my second child was born.Clomid is really throwing me through a loop,sweats,cramps,bloated,nausea...I'm really anxious to have my third and final baby so I'm willing to do anything it takes..just wanted to go on this ride with a few women that truly understand what I'm going through..I've been reading your posts for the last few days and I should say you do.Thanks for having me..good luck to everyone TTC smile

cm201085 Tue 26-Feb-13 21:11:22

Hi

Thank for being so kind as i know it can be a little depressing hearing of someone else being pregnant!

Im feeling ok alexandra6 still getting the cramp and rather tired.

Stop looking at the statistics folks lol as it will depress u even more...

xx

Littlemissworrier Tue 26-Feb-13 21:14:51

Hi Alexandra

Glad you're feeling better.

No they haven't ruled out pcso yet but blood test are showing negative for it. Said they will have a definate 100% answer to that and clear tubes after my hycosi scan then fingers crossed ill start clomid.

Hope everyone is having a good week - lefts hope for a nice big fat positive march xxx

Bablett Thu 28-Feb-13 16:03:27

What a great thread. I'd love to hear any advice if any of you can relate to my situation.

We're using the CLear Blue Fertility Monitor. We used it for two cycles last year and fell pregnant twice. As far as I'm aware..... from the very little info my NHS consultant has given me.... my progesterone wasn't strong enough to support the pregnancies. Does that make sense?

I was given 3 months of clomid 50mg and was asked to have day 21 bloods. I only managed 2 months, as my period disappeared. My results were 20 and then 1!

This month I was prescribed provera, which brought my period and I started 100mg clomid. I'm taking them on days 2 to 6.

I also reset my CBFM for this cycle, as we haven't used it since our last loss in June. It asked for it's first reading on day 6 and we got a high reading from then till now on day 9! Does that sound right? I guess the clomid increases the hormones the monitor looks for.

To be honest, I think I ovulate quite early. Might that be why the day 21 blood results are so low? I know I ovulate because the monitor told me (it was usually day 10-14) and because we got pregnant twice using it.

The thing is, if I do fall pregnant again, I will need to get the progesterone right to support it. I AM SO CONFUSED. I feel like my consultant sees so many women and just doesn't know me well enough to get me sorted.

I have nagged on at you for too long now.

I have found these posts so helpful. Any experience or advice will be VERY appreciated.

Me - 33
DH - 34
Married for 1 year
TTC since March 2010
I have PCOS
DH has good SA (x2 tests)
Using Clear Blue Fertility Monitor - February 2012
BFP March 2012 - 6 week miscarriage
BFP June 2012 - Ectopic (no surgery)
Clear HSG August 2012
Clomid 50mg - October 2012 and November 2012
21 day bloods - 20 and 1 (respectively)
Provera - February 2012
Clomid 100mg - February 2012

Perkins1 Thu 28-Feb-13 19:36:31

Hi ladies, up to cd27 now......I tested with an opk this morning and got a positive big smiley face on th cb digi. I've read that this could be a sign ur preggars but am a bit reluctant to test a) because I don't want it to be negative and b) because if it's positive I don't want it to end like last time confused.

Hi Bablett, I've found the Clomid makes me ovulate earlier so maybe ur right about your 21 day bloods?! This month it was day 11 and I suspect last month it was day 9. I too take it days 2-6.

When's your hycosy Little Miss?

X

Alexandra6 Thu 28-Feb-13 20:03:38

Hi bablett

perkins were you ovulating pre-clomid and are your cycles quite short anyway? Just wondered!

I had my day 13 scan on weds and was gutted as they didn't find any follies about to pop, there was one but it wasn't big enough (I THINK/hope she said 9mm but it might have been 5mm). Do you think I'm out this month or still hope? I have to go back on day 18 for another scan. Can the follie still grow and release late do you think?

Alexandra6 Thu 28-Feb-13 20:04:51

Ps perkins meant to say I don't know how you have the willpower not to test! Did you have an mc last time, is that what you meant? When will you POAS for real? Fingers crossed x

Perkins1 Thu 28-Feb-13 20:47:50

Hi Alexandra6, I think so...day 21 bloods pre-clomid was 32ish and I did get positive opks but been trying for 14 months now with no luck, well sticky luck! My cycles were about 33 days pre-clomid and last month was round 1. I ov'd cd9 as opposed to usual cd16 and got a bfp on cd29....however it proved not to be sticky and we mc at 6 weeks. So I don't know how long a normal cycle is for me on clomid (I'm hoping I don't find out and I get a sticky bfp!). I have hospital app on Tues so will test before then, maybe Sat morning on cd29 again. It's so bloody complicated!

I've not been monitored so dont know about follies and sizes etc but I will cross my fingers for u x

mummyurs Thu 28-Feb-13 22:42:00

Exciting times perkins! Got my period this weekend. In some way relieved as can just enjoy the wedding now. On day three clomid (fourth round lucky! ) getting sharp pain right overy. Has anyone had that so early on in cycle?

Littlemissworrier Fri 01-Mar-13 09:53:33

Hi Everyone.

Aw Perkins thats amazing!!! Im very excitd for you, keep us all posted!!!!! Great news too that the clomid is working and doing what it should be for you - yey!!

My Hycosi is on Thursday - so nervous but fingers crossed it will be OK then roll on my next perid so I can start on the clomid. Just hoping my cycle is a lettle shorter this month, dont think I can wait another 6 weeks to get strated - thats April!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

xxx

Alexandra6 Fri 01-Mar-13 11:00:56

I hated waiting littlemiss - if my first cycle of clomid doesn't work, I hope it at least shortens my cycle so I can try again.

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to try two cycles on 50mg or just go straight up to 100mg?

Bit anxious about my scan on Monday - only because I can feel myself getting my hopes up that the follicle might have grown by then. Good luck next Thurs littlemiss the hycosy will hopefully give you a nice green light for clomid!

Perkins1 Fri 01-Mar-13 19:27:42

Peed on a stick this morning but bfn. Think af is on its way - rubbish!

Has anyone put weight on whilst on clomid? I've put half a stone on and my tummy actually looks pregnant I'm that bloated! And only done 2 cycles!! Saw myself in the mirror whilst bd'ing (not a normal situation but having new bedroom so mirror is not in its usual place ha ha!) the other day and was mortified....I couldn't focus on the task in hand!

X

Littlemissworrier Fri 01-Mar-13 22:01:13

Ah good luck with MOnday too Alexandra - keep everthing crossed for you, keep us posted!!!!

Perkins bless you - I have read too that it can cause really bad bloating - will all go down afterwards though when you stop taking it, its defo not weight and just bloating so dont worry hunny - you will then you will just get a baby bump instead grin)

xxxx

Bablett Sat 02-Mar-13 06:39:45

I've had awful bloating with the tablets!

Can I ask if you all have your follicle scans via the NHS? Our consultant hasn't offered us them, only the day 21 bloods.

Alexandra6, I think the step up in dosage depends on how much the lower dose affects your levels. I understand that it can be dectremental to have too high a level, as well as too low a level. Hope that makes sense.

CaliBee Mon 04-Mar-13 18:49:55

hi..can I join??
My first clomid cycle resulted in a BFP in December, but sadly I had a mmc at 10 weeks. I have just started again (with first af since mc)...cd8 now. I had scans during first round and ovulated on CD16 (my periods had gone haywire since coming off mini pill so cycles ranged anything from 28 to 46 days). This time however the clinic have said they wont monitor atall. Does anybody know if I am likely to ovulate at a similar time?? Dp is in the army so only gets home some weekends...however we are going away for a week next week and I am hoping to catch it then.

Alexandra6 Mon 04-Mar-13 20:32:04

Hi calibee and so sorry, that's heartbreaking. I would try and push for monitoring definitely. I've just finished my first cycle and been monitored regularly, I get the feeling they're going to try and leave me to it for the next two cycles but I'm going to call reception and book in for scans!

I'm on day 18 and they saw a follicle - 18mm! That's good, right? Does anyone know what my chances are of ovulating a healthy egg with that at this stage in my cycle?

CaliBee Mon 04-Mar-13 20:53:54

Thankyou alexandra ..it seems policy in my area to leave any monitoring once a good dose has been established. I started at 100mg on days 2-6, in November, and on day 12 I had an 18mm and a 23mm follicle....I went on to ovulate 4 days later. So I guess thats a good response...especially as I got my BFP that time.I am seeing my GP on Thursday so I may ask her, and maybe see if she will agree to at least do some 7dpo bloods. I think I have just become a bit of a control freak and like to know exactly what is going on.

Littlemissworrier Tue 05-Mar-13 08:11:59

Calibee I am so sorry abot your loss. Great that you are positive though and the clomid works for you! fingers crossed for another BFP soon for you xxx

CaliBee Tue 05-Mar-13 17:56:59

Thanks littlemiss...cd9 today. Waiting is so damn tedious lol

Littlemissworrier Tue 05-Mar-13 17:58:06

Aw bless you, are you doing ovulation tests so you know when you are ovulating or just chancing it? x

CaliBee Tue 05-Mar-13 18:01:22

Yes I have internet cheapy sticks..although the latest batch seem to have a light and fuzzy control line, I hope they are ok. I also have a clearblue smiley face one when the signs get stronger. I did use a cbfm for a while but gave up on that. My temps seem to have been a bit haphazzard this month though...is this because of the clomid or maybe just the pants sleep I have been getting??

Alexandra6 Tue 05-Mar-13 21:01:36

Girls please help, I actually got a smiley face on my ovulation stick today, was over the moon!! After my scan yesterday with the 18mm follie, surely that's a good sign I did ovulate? However, no EWCM?!? I know clomid can dry it up a bit, but does the fact I didn't have EWCM mean the stick could be wrong?!

NewYearsEvelyn Tue 05-Mar-13 21:11:48

I conceived second month of using clomid. I used an ovulation prediction kit just to be sure I hit gold. It coincided with my 36th birthday. Best birthday sex ever and it coincidentally resulted in my one and only child. I conceived again at 40, but miscarried for a 4th time. Wish I'd taken the clomid earlier in my life as I do feel that the 'baby in a box' tablets, as we called them, did the trick!

I feel your pain and I so hope this treatment works for you. Stay strong! xx

mummyurs Wed 06-Mar-13 00:18:25

Thanks newsyearevelyn. Nice to hear positive stoeies even if the rest of journey not so good.

I dont know re cm. I use to get lots when did not ovulate but since clomid apparently ovulate but no cm!

This thread is not accepting new messages.