clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

dprecious Sun 25-Aug-13 19:54:03

smile

AdelleB1985 Sun 25-Aug-13 21:33:36

Hi deprecious
Honestly I had no symptoms - if you read my earlier threads I was in complete shock that I was pregnant! Nothing ! So don't worry you will have it all to come.
It's only really this week I have began to suffer, constantly feeling sick and gone off everything I love - curry, fajitas. On a brighter note I've found I'm a bit better on a night time. I'm hoping it passes as I start back at school soon, honestly don't think I can work feeling like this!
Enjoy the next few weeks - being happily pregnant, and no symptoms. X x x

AdelleB1985 Sun 25-Aug-13 21:34:39

Hi deprecious
Honestly I had no symptoms - if you read my earlier threads I was in complete shock that I was pregnant! Nothing ! So don't worry you will have it all to come.
It's only really this week I have began to suffer, constantly feeling sick and gone off everything I love - curry, fajitas. On a brighter note I've found I'm a bit better on a night time. I'm hoping it passes as I start back at school soon, honestly don't think I can work feeling like this!
Enjoy the next few weeks - being happily pregnant, and no symptoms. X x x

fIngerscrossed123 Sun 25-Aug-13 23:22:55

Hi everyone,the only symptoms I have is the stomach cramps still? is anyone else getting these? I have started today to feel sick ,reaching but nothing actually happens X I fly out tomorrow so scared that something will happen, but I need to put on a brave face and pretend I'm not as my husband has treated me to this lovely holiday views can't let it ruin it xx gonna miss coming on here for a week X hopefully when I come back there will be some more good news stories xx I'm 5 weeks and a few days deprecious and only just have the sick feeling today xx

fIngerscrossed123 Mon 26-Aug-13 09:25:21

Hi everyone,the only symptoms I have is the stomach cramps still? is anyone else getting these? I have started today to feel sick ,reaching but nothing actually happens X I fly out today so scared that something will happen, but I need to put on a brave face and pretend I'm not as my husband has treated me to this lovely holiday views can't let it ruin it xx gonna miss coming on here for a week X hopefully when I come back there will be some more good news stories xx I'm 5 weeks and a few days deprecious and only just have the sick feeling today xx

fIngerscrossed123 Mon 26-Aug-13 09:26:15

Sorry posted twice! Went back on this morning and it hadn't posted sent again and it's come up twice! Lol xx

PK14 Mon 26-Aug-13 11:30:07

Hi ladies, congratulations to all those who have had their BFPs this month. I'm after some advice. I was wondering when one should take a HPT? For me cd1 was the 29th of July and I took 50mg of clomid on cd2-6.. I didn't bother with any OPKs but now I'm wondering when and if I did ovulate. Would I expect a normal 28 day cycle, prior to clomid my cycles ranged from 32 to 40 days...

kerrylou84 Mon 26-Aug-13 13:30:17

So has anyone else suffered mood swings and been really emotional due to the chlomid?

Lottystar Tue 27-Aug-13 01:16:57

Hi KerryLou, I have been a mega bitch the last week or so. God knows what's going on with my hormones and whilst I can be occasionally moody, this has been different. You know that hormonal feeling you can get - irrational depths of despair? Well like that so definitely putting it down to the Clomid or perhaps a pending period - day 37 for me, no period yet and negative pregnancy test done last week ... Give yourself a break though as I think this whole process (side effects of drugs aside) is pretty stressful xx

Hi again PK14, I'd do a test from when you think your period was due according to your normal cycle and if neg and still no period after another week after do another test perhaps? I think Clomid can change your cycle length. Fingers crossed for you xx

On a side note I would not recommend Clear Blue Easy pregnancy tests with the - + symbols that you get free with the multipack ovulation tests. It shows a very very faint cross sometimes when actually negative. Especially if your in our situation and analysing the test for any positive sign. It's happened twice to me now and seriously played with my head hmm

kerrylou84 Tue 27-Aug-13 11:46:18

Hi Lotty. I'm exactly the same, have my moments of moodyness as does every woman, but this was just on another level! I felt so so miserable and unhappy, then I was telling my partner that he van do so much better than me and I was just constantly crying. Even is he just gave me a smile I would break down! I had my last tablet 2days ago and I now feel human again.
Just hoping something good comes out of this month so I don't have to take them anymore.

AdelleB1985 Wed 28-Aug-13 21:21:51

Hey had my 8 week scan today and it was totally amazing! You could see its little heart beating fast - I fell in love at a glance! Miracles do happen - got my fingers crossed for everyone x x x

Lottystar Wed 28-Aug-13 22:30:06

I hope so too Kerry, second cycle starting for me too soon, first on 100mg. Every finger crossed xx

Wow, Adele, that sounds lovely. So pleased it went well. It is quite surreal isn't it? Imagining that tiny life in your tummy when you can't feel it yet. It's so amazing and worth everything xxx

dprecious Thu 29-Aug-13 07:25:44

hi everyone i've been trying to post but mumsnet won't post my message. Adelle i.m so happy for you. Kerry and lotty i've got my fingers crossed for you both and us all. I went for my first dr app yesterday and was booked for my first scan by next wed hoping for the best and yes i've started having symptoms like spitting and vomiting. Thank God for everything. Wish everyone a happy end.

Lottystar Thu 29-Aug-13 15:55:41

Thanks dprecious, it gives hope knowing Clomid is working for others ... Barring the exceptional company it would be nice to be musing the pregnancy forums instead ;)

PK14 Fri 30-Aug-13 09:37:12

No good news I'm afraid. AF arrived with vengeance yesterday afternoon. I rang the radiology unit today to book a HAG now that AF has arrived to be told there is an 18 week waiting list! I'm so frustrated and down at the moment. Has anyone paid privately for a HSG in the UK?

Fallen8 Fri 30-Aug-13 13:54:48

I am at the 2 week wait . 5 dpo and have a few weird symptoms. I eat dinner every night but wake up hungry. My bbt stays high since O day. Last night I had sharp shooting pain up my adonomen and lower back pain on and off. Bbs is a lil tender. Are these early preganacy signs???

Fallen8 Fri 30-Aug-13 13:57:20

Sorry pk14 that your af arrived. 18 weeks is a long time to wait!! Perhaps, you can call around to see if there's other places that will take u

mazzie40 Fri 30-Aug-13 16:26:35

Hi ladies smile. Af got me. I'm on cd3. I'm not taking Clomid this month, am having a rest smile. Baby dust to everyone smile. X

SarahJ23 Fri 30-Aug-13 20:51:54

Hello to the new comers, sorry to hear of some losses but chin up lady's I fell again the following month after misscarrage, I got to hear baby's heartbeat today was amazing its been so long coming can't believe I'm actually pregnant now and nearly 17 weeks smile so this is a clomid baby 50mg cycle 7. If anyone has any questions that I may be able to help with feel free to ask as I've been throw it all and understand how hard it is for you. Good luck for next round everyone keep posting xxx

Lottystar Sat 31-Aug-13 00:53:08

Thanks for the inspiration Sarah, congrats to you! Xx

PK14 what is HAG or HSG? Sorry for ignorance, some of the abbreviations throw me on here. I'm not preggers either, just started Provera again today to induce my period, 50mg didn't make me ovulate or bleed naturally, so up to 100mg. A week or more to wait for bleed, then round 2 ... Are your Drs keeping you on 50mg?

General question pls ladies to those who have more experience of this process. If you're only supposed to have 6 attempts with clomid (due to increased cancer risk) why aren't we monitored more effectively (dose etc) to improve chances of pregnancy? Secondly has anyone else been given metformin too? I've read many women with PCOS / irregular cycles respond well to it. Thx xx

Lottystar Sat 31-Aug-13 00:56:01

Fallen, btw, I hope those symptoms are good news, try to not think about it too much (crazy hard I know!) just to manage your expectations. Keeping fingers crossed for you xx

PK14 Sat 31-Aug-13 14:20:32

Lottystar - sorry HAG was spelling mistake! HSG is the procedure in which the uterus and tubes are checked via X-ray. Have you had this? I didn't make it to the docs this month for my day 21 blood test due to being away, but my period came in on day 31 which is very abnormal for me. I usually range from 34-40 days, so I think this is a good sign. Will be going for my bloods this month.

I've been panicking myself in the last couple if days thinking that something serious may be wrong. What if I had endometriosis or something and could never have children. I just want this so badly : (

Lottystar Sun 01-Sep-13 13:06:36

Hi PK14, I understand now smile I haven't had that test, most likely because I've had a successful pregnancy before - its just afterwards my hormones decided to go stupidly haywire. So I am eternally thankful that I go into this process having had a child, for those of you trying your first time I can only begin to imagine the stress and worry. I did have a scan of my ovaries to check if they were enlarged (symptom of PCOS) and they weren't, just off hormones so not ovulating every month, thus no bubba.

Anyway, good luck with your test, I surprised you didn't get this before your clomid treatment begun but I suppose it's NHS waiting lists. Try not to worry, it sounds like you are ovulating and hopefully this test is just part of the process of elimination of what it could be. Also if something does show up they may be able to do more to help. Let us know how you get on xxx

kerrylou84 Mon 02-Sep-13 14:53:06

Hi ladies.....how is everyone doing,, and how are pregnancies going?
Well I'm on day 14 today. I took an ovulation test last night and at first there was only one line, but then about 15 minutes later another, very faint line appeared. I took another first thing this morning and straight away 2 lines appeared, again the second was a lighter pink. What kind of tests do you all use? These were Asdas own, not the stick type, but the plastic ones with the lid. Has anyone else used these?
I'm really hoping, but trying not to build hopes up too much, that this is my month, because I really can't face taking them tablets again........I was like a woman possessed and could have throttled someone! I don't want to go through it again. I feel like a completely differ person when I'm not taking chlomid
Xxx

Lottystar Mon 02-Sep-13 23:14:20

Hi Kerry, I initially used the smiley face digital ones as they are foolproof. Expensive tho at £22 for 10 tests. I have bought a batch on eBay this time of the dip tests which are very cheap. Interpretation is a bit more questionable in some of the line based tests but so much cheaper. Throwing some baby dust your way, early cycle for me taking Provera, so another week at least before taking my upped dose of Clomid. Fingers crossed its our month eh? Else the men in white coats might come and take us away winkxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.