clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

KW87 Wed 12-Jun-13 18:25:35

sorry i havent check in. keep ur head up everyone.

i went to the doc and he said i ovluated on both clomid cycles. im not taking clomid this month but will try again at 100mg 5-9 next month. the sounded promising that i am reacting well to clomid.

it will happen for all of us just keep calm and happy. i know its hard very hard buts its important we stay calm.

baby dust to all.

sarah congrats!!!!!!!!!

SarahJ23 Wed 12-Jun-13 18:28:13

Thank you, very early days atm but have a good feeling about it, I'm due on 14th feb smile so pleased to see good new from others and to all the lady's waiting for that BFP don't give up it will happen when you least expect it, wishing everyone luck and keep posting smile xxx

SarahJ23 Wed 12-Jun-13 18:32:07

And it was my 7th round on 50mg over 11 month and 3 years ttc so don't give up or lose fath smile

Ricepudd Wed 12-Jun-13 22:40:03

Fab news Sarah, really pleased for you. My second round of clomid didn't work but I really enjoyed my holiday, so got to keep thinking of all the good things in life hey! Just had a letter saying my next app at the fertility clinic has been put back from aug to sept, so that's a bit rubbish. I'm not getting any scans while on clomid, do u think I should call and ask for one? Does anyone have any experience of going private for IVF etc? I'm getting tired of all the waiting and have a bit of savings. I'd really appreciate your thoughts x

nay88 Thu 13-Jun-13 07:25:33

Hi lovely Ladies,
Sorry I haven't checked in. WOW Congrats Sarah that 's fabulous news smile Girls I'm 11dpo and did test and it was a BFN this morning. I wanted to test early as my first round on clomid last time I conceived my daughter I got my BFP @ 10dpo. I'm going to wait now till AF is due in 3 days to test. My temps are still high and no af symptoms so definitely a positive thought. I have one more Progesterone test on cd27 to do. I did want to tell you ladies that I didn't have any early pregnancy symptoms at all with my daughter so there is always hope smile Thanks for all the kind and lovely support. I hope this is the month if not bring on round two smile

SarahJ23 Thu 13-Jun-13 08:08:00

I didn't have any scans the whole time I was taking clomid, they just gave me the tables and said get on with it pretty much, I also was not impressed but was not in a situation where I could go privat. It's hard to sit around doing nothing I understand but I don't know if having scans helps that much it might work that month it might not I think it may just be adding more stress to the situation, haveing more appointments and things to worry about. Sorry I couldn't be much help ricepudd but wishing you the best and hope u work out what is best for you to do, sending lots of baby dust to everyone x

dprecious Thu 13-Jun-13 09:19:47

hi ladies. Af has finally showed supposed cd 32 9.30pm with full blood.

dprecious Thu 13-Jun-13 09:22:02

do i count yesterday as cd 1 and conclude that last cycle was 31days?

dprecious Thu 13-Jun-13 09:25:42

pls what cd should i take clomid since i've been doin it cd 3-7 and no positive outcome? Pls how long should leutal phase be?

SarahJ23 Thu 13-Jun-13 10:08:27

I would count yesterday as day one x

SarahJ23 Thu 13-Jun-13 10:09:21

Doctors told me to take mine cd 2-6 x

dprecious Thu 13-Jun-13 13:33:58

hi sarah, hope you are ok. How long was your cycle? My cycle has been 31days since last cycle and i got a positive opk cd 18,19 and serious ovulation pain cd 20, and 21 and luteal phase ended cd 31, how long do you think my luteal phase is? Wishing everyone baby dust.

KW87 Thu 13-Jun-13 16:54:44

dprecious, my cycle was 31 days with 13-14 days luteal phase. dov said clomid lenghtens the cycle. 13-14 day luteal is needed for the lining to develope.

i am not getting scans but doing progestrone tests. im on 100 mg 5-9 days.

m00giebaby Thu 13-Jun-13 22:46:33

Wow this is great! its so nice to hear some goon news. SarahJ23 I wish you all the best. Your story has inspired many of us. It gives us hope. Take good care of yourself and your little ray of sunshine. I know it will come to us some day.... I too took my clomid days 2-6. smiley opk day 8, now 7dpo having lots of cramping. Im keeping hopeful. Lets us know any symptoms.......

dprecious good to hear you are giving it another shot. keep going,, all will be worth it in the end. I didnt know you could change the days you take clomid. (still new to this, suppose it does make sense).

I think I might test this weekend.... ooh Im so nervous but excited.

Ricepudd Ive got my first consultation with IVF on the 24th. Doctor gave me 3 months of clomid to try whilst we wait. I was shocked to get our appointment so soon as Im only on my firsts round of clomid.
So I will let you ladies know how we get on.(that is, if this round of clomid hasnt worked. so ladies keep everything crossed.... except your legs of course lol!!!!!!!!!

baby dust to all

Zee27 Fri 14-Jun-13 11:35:37

Not been on here for a while and reading all success stories give me hope. They have been scanning me all week and finally yesterday on cd 19 they said it was a good size but when I tested to see if I was ovulating I wasn't so they have me an injection! An anyone tell me who have had the injection to ovulate if it has worked for them??

Really starting to loose hope!

Zee27 Fri 14-Jun-13 11:37:20

Not been on here for a while and reading all success stories give me hope. They have been scanning me all week and finally yesterday on cd 19 they said my eggs were a good size but when I tested to see if I was ovulating I wasn't so they have me an injection! Can anyone tell me who have had the injection to ovulate if it has worked for them??

Really starting to loose hope!

Ricepudd Fri 14-Jun-13 17:17:07

Sarah thanks for the advice. Yeah I think you're right, I have already been to loads of appointments so it probably would add a bit of extra stress! Going to see my parents this weekend, I know my mum is mad to become a grandma just as much as I'm mad to become a mum!

mOOgiebaby you're really lucky to get an IVF consultation so soon, what clinic are you with?

Feeling a bit fed up today. Sept seems like a long time away for our next app.

dprecious Sat 15-Jun-13 17:36:57

hi ladies, just lurking in to see if we have any more bfps. Hope we are all ok. m00gieb, have everything crossed for you except legs lol!!!!!!!!

hopeful27 Sun 16-Jun-13 21:07:13

Hope you are all well ladies! Bloods showed I ovulated on my first cycle of clomid so don't need to up my dose from 100mg to 150mg. Lets hope we get lucky with round 2.

Good luck all

xx

dprecious Mon 17-Jun-13 09:23:05

hi ladies last dose of clomid today no side effect . Hope is gonna work.

dprecious Mon 17-Jun-13 09:24:59

hope everyone is fine. m00giebaby, wen ar u testing? Fingers crossed for you

SarahJ23 Mon 17-Jun-13 11:13:39

Hey, my cycle when on clomid days 2-6 was around 33. I ovulated around day 12 of my cycle and didn't bother using testing kits after the first two months as it was putting to much stress on me and hubby to time everything right so I just could tell when my discharge changed when I was ovulating and didn't tell hubby just got two it smile try to just take things as they come and not put so much pressure on yourself to get it right all the time. I hope I have helped and feel free to ask me anything. Wishing everyone luck this cycle x

m00giebaby Tue 18-Jun-13 05:25:01

Hello Ladies....
yes, Im fine thanks dprecious. I still haven't tested yet I decided I would leave it for a while. Might do on friday then I will be 14dpo. Ive been quite poorly not feeling myself. I keep thinking its my monthly visitor on her way.. Still lots of cramping had to get a hot water bottle last night and woke at 4am( hence my early post). The funny thing is my boobs are not really sore. Usually they are so sore and sensitive to touch especially right efore AF. Its so exausting! all the waiting and everything we have to go through. But I will not give up.... Bring it on mother nature!!!! im ready for round 2...... we will have our babies.....

Hi Ricepudd our appointment is with Guys and St Thomas- London. They have a wonderful 'assisited conception unit'. We have already attended the paitent information evening. Really informative lots to take in. I was quite surprised to see the amount of people attending. There were so many couples from all walks of life. It actually helped me sounds weird I know. Theyu gave us a booklet to take home, forms to complete and prices. We are sooo lucky as we will be funded by our borough.I will keep you posted..
SarahJ23 how are you feeling? You are right aboutstress levels... Its is sooooo stressful trying to make sure you get the right time.

Anyway... off to work, another day of hoping and fingers crossed for you all....

SarahJ23 Tue 18-Jun-13 06:57:27

So I'm feel a bit sick on and off, I'm at the same point I was when I was told last time I misscarryed, fingers are crossed that everything is ok as I have no pains like last time and feel so much different. The GP said that they won't send me for an early scan or anything as there is no reason to thing I will misscarry again, so it's the horrible waiting bit now and I'm trying just to stay calm and just take one day at a time, I just can't wait until I'm 12 weeks and I can breath a bit. I'm sorry that some are having a crap time atm, keep posting xxx

Littlemissworrier Wed 19-Jun-13 11:13:46

Aw stay with it Sarah. Sickness is awful, I was back in do tots yesterday, I've literally been sick EVERY day since dining out - am coming up to 16 weeks this week and still every day! Not complaining as want this baby more than anything in the world but know how you feel.

Stay positive and that scan will be with you before you know it / all will be fine.

Baby dust to everyone xxxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.