clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

ShamelessInTheCountry Thu 02-May-13 18:50:12

Hi all
Have read literally the whole of this thread and it has been great to get info so thanks all, I'm literally posting now for first time.
I've just been prescribed 50mg of clomid thru the NHS which I'm due to start next week. My partner and I have been trying for one year, no success at all, and I just turned 29. Every test we have has been fine, tubes unblocked, good sperm etc, I have a regular cycle of around 26/27 days. I have a low AMH of 3.09 but that shouldn't majorly be affecting anything and isn't an indicator of egg quality. My 21 day prog results have always been in the 20s so indicating I'm ovulating and I actually had a scan this month on day 12 which showed an 18mm follicle which was basically ready to pop. I haven't come on my period yet but I'm not deluding myself after 12 months of F all. So basically unexplained infertility...
I just wanted to hear from anyone in a similar position of unexplained fertility who has been prescribed Clomid as it is supposed to be an ovulation inductor so scientifically shouldn't make any difference to me as i seemingly ovulate already but success stories with others who were ovulating seem to prove otherwise. My only worry is if I'm not getting pregnant because of low progesterone, the only thing my results show to be on the low side, never over 30 for example, then I worry I might get preggers on Clomid but miscarry anyway... I know this is thinking ahead but I can't bear the thought of that and almost feel like taking prog supplements of any type just in case - or is that mental.
Any info/advice from others in similar boat or who know of people in similar boat much appreciated...
Xx

KW87 Thu 02-May-13 20:10:10

hi all got my period yesterday buts its good since it is the first time i have had a normal 28 day cycle. starting clomid on the 5th and keep fingers crossed. my last month blood test showes 12.4 as progestrone level and its the highest its ever been and i wasnt on clomid.

i have pcod and thats why doc is trying clomid to get me to ovulate.

ill keep u posted.. im off to vegas when i should be ovulating.. hopiing for a vegas baby smile

dprecious Thu 02-May-13 20:45:08

ShamelessINDCOUNTRY, Welcome to d crew. Am not exactly in ur situation but i no people who were ov but not of gud quality or has low progesterone but clomid increased their progestron level and improv d quality of their egg they had BFP and hav Dc. So lets all stay positive as this helps to deal wit ttc. KW87, wow! Is realy a gud thin clomid has corected ur cycle. At least is a way ahead the good things to come. Keeping my fingers cross for us all.

leanne1405 Fri 03-May-13 06:56:04

Hey ladies I'm ok not had any bleeding for almost 2 weeks now. Just can't wait for my scan on the 20th may, so won't be to much longer to wait?! It's also my birthday on the 14th may so I will be having some much needed time off work and pampering etc. I will be 10 weeks on Tuesday it's going kinda fast but also very slow. I just want to get my 12 scan out the way and maybe try and relax a little. How is everyone else doing? Xx

Littlemissworrier Fri 03-May-13 08:06:44

Hi everyone,

Sorry just catching up.....

Precious I was put on clomid as after coming of the pill my periods didnt return, when they eventually did they check my hormone levels and my progesterone was so low they told me I wasn't ovulating. They wouldn't help and told me to go away and come back in a year so we went private, had all tubes and sperm etx checked then tegu prescribed me clomid to hopefully stimulate ovulation - bingo!! I was so lucky it worked first month.

I'm just over 2 months now but because did the awful constipation we have our first midwife appointment a week today and are hoping for out scan the week after (if not the week after that at the latest)

Desperate to get the scan out of the way and know its all ok.

Hope you're all ok and keeping positive, honestly it really was my wonder drug!!

Leanne how exciting!!! 2 weeks ahead of me, not loNg for your scan smile

Lots love to all xxx

Littlemissworrier Fri 03-May-13 08:08:11

Actually Leanne we are closer than I thought. You are 10 weeks Tuesday and I'm 9 on Thursday. Literally around a week between us smile

Your tummy changed shape yet? Mine has smile

X

loubilou85 Fri 03-May-13 10:17:23

Hi everyone
Hope you don't mind me joining.
Me and my husband have been ttc 17months.
After 10months of ttc i went to see my gp who did swabs and an internal and external ultrasound.
My swabs were clear, my ultrasound results were that my right ovary was 1cm larger than the other and i had follicles on both ovaries.
My gp referred me to the gynae at hospital. They checked my bloods on cd 2 , 14 and 21 which all came back normal. They sent me for a hysterosalpingram ( dye test) and i had no blockages. They checked my husbands count and it came back at a worrying 3milion. The gynae made us wait 3months and hubby did another one and we got the results wednesday which came back at an amazing 56million. Gynae putting low count down to hubby having norovirus for 2weeks at the time of the first sample.
He has now given me clomid to start on cd2 of next cycle. I have to take 50mg and have bloods done on cd23 to see if i have ovulated. If i have i remain on 50mg if i havent i have to up my dosage to 100mg. Cd 23 i have to have bloods done again and if i havent ovulated then i go up to 150mg before going back in august to see him. He warned me of the risk of multiple births, getting extra cysts and he also said i can only do 6months on clomid otherwise i would be risking ovarian cancer.
I am hoping we get a miracle in the next 6months otherwise its the end of the line for us :-(
Its so frustrating as i got pregnant after only knowing my hubby 6months after
a sicknessbug whilst i was on the pill.
Hoping for a miracle soon and good luck to all you ladies ttc x

ShamelessInTheCountry Sat 04-May-13 12:01:34

Tanks dprecious, definitely coming on lovely period now so will be starting clomid for first time next week, just like you loubilou85, maybe we'll get up the duff finally together!
Really good luck with scan littlemissworrier, I've not got super low progesterone, but its never been over 30 artist peak, so I'm hoping clomid is the answer like it was for you!

ShamelessInTheCountry Sat 04-May-13 12:02:12

At its peak that meant to say, not artist peak, haha, damn autocorrect!

dprecious Sat 04-May-13 16:20:05

shamelessinthecountry, wishing you the best with clomid. What cd are you taking your clomid? I took mind cd 3-7. Am in cd 24 today and have no pregger sign yet but am having the felling of "af is going to come soon ". Just pray i get a Bfp instead. Oh leanne & littlemisworries, wishing you all d best . And of course all those ttc . XXXX

dprecious Sat 04-May-13 16:22:51

i mean i took mine cd 3-7.

leanne1405 Sat 04-May-13 19:44:41

I had a belly anyway littlemissworrier. But I do believe I have put some weight on already! Yeah I am 10 weeks on Tuesday I can't believe that I'm that far already lol but at the same time it's been slow also. I have got my scan on 20th may. I had another scan yesterday due to more bleeding and baby was great saw a very strong heartbeat I could watch it all day! Xx

ShamelessInTheCountry Sat 04-May-13 19:56:54

Thanks dprecious. Taking 50mg as I ovulate regularly, have been told to take it on days 2 to 6 and get a scan and prog tests first month which is good, all NHS...

Littlemissworrier Tue 07-May-13 19:52:26

Ah Leanne that's amazing!!! I'm literally 9 days behind you (although I think I may be a week ahead so we will see - we might be exactly the same ha ha!)

First appointment with midwife on Friday and hopefully can next week or week after at latest - not long!! So anxious x

leanne1405 Tue 07-May-13 20:04:12

Yeah I just want to get past 12 weeks now so I can relax a little. So it won't be much longer now. I have a week of too next week as its my birthday so I will be having a much needed break then when I am back at work it's my 12 week scan. It's almost here now thank god.

How is everyone else any more ladies will BFP? Xx

KW87 Tue 07-May-13 20:25:01

leanne and littlemiss.. i am so excited for you both. i hope this will be my month with BFP since i am taking pilld 5-9pills, last month it was 2-6.

Littlemissworrier Tue 07-May-13 20:39:30

Good luck kw - sure it will come. I feel 2013 is a good baby year for us all wink xxxx

ShamelessInTheCountry Wed 08-May-13 11:11:44

Hi KW87
Can I ask why you've changed the days on which you're taking clomid? I've just started this month and been told to take days 2-6 but I wondered about the difference in timing as my doc told me the old advice used to be days 5-9 so wonder what the difference is...

dprecious Thu 09-May-13 10:04:56

Shameless, am not 100% sure the difference but from what i heard, day 3-7 is for quantity while 5-9 is for quality. I was not told by a medical practitional just read it some where in the thread. Did your gp tel you why 5-9 is no longer prescribed?

KW87 Thu 09-May-13 18:47:48

shameless- my doc started me with 2-9 to junp start ovulation and also because i started clomid after taking progestrone. i didnt get a period after progestrone. now because i have had a period he suggested 5-9. i read you get a better quality more mature egg with 5-9. is this ur first round?

leanne1405 Thu 09-May-13 21:48:09

I took mine on days 2-6 and caught on, on my second month. I'm not sure what the difference is though xx

dprecious Fri 10-May-13 09:52:34

hi everyone, how is lean and littlemissworries doing? Hope great. Am currently on cd 30 and on af. Instead is saw ewcm this morning. Anyone got such experience before?

dprecious Fri 10-May-13 09:54:34

i mean cd 30 and no af yet.

ShamelessInTheCountry Sat 11-May-13 10:14:35

Ok, thanks for the replies, its still not v clear, my doctor just said it used to be prescribed 5-9, historically up until a few years back, then evidence pointed that 2-6 was more successful - but didn't really point out what 'successful' meant.... He's not the easiest guy to talk too, it's just so annoying that you can't get straight answers to so much stuff, it's often just pov so you're totally in their hands...
Happy weekend!

dprecious Sat 11-May-13 11:04:47

i tested again. Got a negative result. So annoying. The worst is that my period has refused to come so i can start my second clomid. Oh God what have i done? Just hope my period has not been messed up.

This thread is not accepting new messages.