clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

leanne1405 Mon 01-Apr-13 18:05:45

I dunno I tested 2days before I was due on and it gave me a faint positive xx

Littlemissworrier Mon 01-Apr-13 22:27:10

I was falling asleep and so tired which is totally out of character for me for the past for days, then last night I was sick and this morning threw my breakfast up. I just knew something felt a bit wierd but my period is not due until Thursday. However I just thought I'd chance it and did the test - straight away BFP!!' Xxxx

KW87 Tue 02-Apr-13 18:02:36

wow thats so exciting.. not about throwing up smile i have been measuring my temp and had a dip in it today so i am doing my blood test and ovulation test. fingers crossed its cd 17 today. I hope i can test positive.. ill have to wait till april 15 for pregnancy test though.xx

leanne1405 Tue 02-Apr-13 21:27:07

It will fly by, I found that if I didn't symptom spot that the 2ww went a lot faster, and that's the month I got my BFP. I know it takes alot not to spot and trying to relax is a nightmare. I really didn't think it would happen to me but it did. And now I'm worried it will all go wrong! Xx

Littlemissworrier Tue 02-Apr-13 22:45:04

Leanne I feel exactly the same. I currently exercise etc and went to see my gp today. They told me just to carry on as normal but it so hard - I'm really scared xx

Littlemissworrier Tue 02-Apr-13 22:46:02

KW I'm sure you'll be next, I actually can't believe what a wonder drug it is. Xxxsmile

KW87 Wed 03-Apr-13 05:15:01

hey ladies, just got my period i think so gutted. not sure if its just spotting or full period. im very confused since its only cd 17. can u get ur period this soon?

SarahJ23 Wed 03-Apr-13 08:16:46

Me n hubby made a discussion to have a brake from clomid after having 6 months on 50mg, found out a few days ago I'm 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant smile so unexpected as we had stopped the clomid for a bit I think it must have kick started my body back into ovulation on its own so fingers crossed all goes well but so happy after 3 years ttc. Baby dust to everyone and hope to see more good news on here soon smile

Littlemissworrier Wed 03-Apr-13 12:57:11

Ah that's amazing Sarah - congratulations!!!

KW are you sure it's not implantation spotting? Could be smile x

KW87 Wed 03-Apr-13 13:02:38

littlemiss i thought it might last night but woke up to cramps and full flowsad sad . im so dissapointed and confused we had sex everyday from cd 6 so we couldnt have missed it. i will make an apt for next week with my gyn to see if i can start the second dose of clomid.

leanne1405 Wed 03-Apr-13 19:27:31

I has slight spotting and cramps around that time. I didn't think you could have a period that soon surly!? X

Littlemissworrier Wed 03-Apr-13 20:24:54

I think the same Leanne. KW I'd ring your doctor straight away, just to be sure x

KW87 Thu 04-Apr-13 01:03:22

thx ladies. I am at the hospital to see whats going on. will keep you posted.

KW87 Thu 04-Apr-13 02:35:25

Emergency doc said good news is that no miscarrige but i have my period. i will have to follow up with my gyn. dont have appoint till april 15. so i wont start clomid again this month and wait till i discuss it with him. so disappointed i really hoped to be as lucky as you littlemiss.

Littlemissworrier Thu 04-Apr-13 07:03:01

Aw KW I'm sorry. Don't worry though, periods are great signs and I'm sure next month will be your month hunny.

When they gave you clomid did they not tell you to start the next round on re first day if you next period? X

KW87 Thu 04-Apr-13 13:44:25

thanks littlemiss. The dooc had given me progestorne to start a period but i never got one. he had said that i might not get my period and to start the course of clomid 2days later. he didnt say anything about round 2. my husband and i will just try without clomid this month and see what happens. i want the doc to check my tubes too.

Perkins1 Thu 04-Apr-13 22:22:31

BIG congratulations LittleMiss and Leanne!!! Not so much for me, I'm starting round 4 but you are my inspiration and renewed hope! I've decided I'm going to ditch the OPK's this month and just try and DTD every other/every 2 days.....I've found that if I've got a negative OPK that I figure we can leave DTD for another night and perhaps we're just not doing it enough on that basis.....fingers crossed!

KW87 sorry you're having a tough time at the moment with your cycle, these girls on here though are amazing and really help to spur you on!

SarahJ23 congratulations to you too! There's proof in the pudding that when you semi give up/relax about the whole thing that it can happen - if only it were that easy though. I think you have to reach a certain point before you can allow yourself to do that and it must be tough to take that decision to have a break when you want something so much, so glad it paid off!

xx

Littlemissworrier Fri 05-Apr-13 09:49:08

Perkins keep going!!! You still on 50mg? I'm throwing lots of baby dust your way!!!!

I'm still struggling to let the news sink in, just done another test this morning smile

Only thing I am struggling with is constipation, not been to loo for 6 days now!!! Went to gp yesterday and they are just giving me fibre gel - not working, ouch!!!! I don't care and will cope but think I might pop if I don't go soon - any advice ladies?? I'm drinking so much water and making home made soup with tones of veg today. Xxx

leanne1405 Fri 05-Apr-13 16:18:54

I did another test yesterday, I am the same I can't help myself! I had my first midwife appointment this morning and it went ok didn't really do much with it been the first etc xx

Perkins1 Fri 05-Apr-13 16:56:06

The fibregel will kick in LittleMiss, just takes a few days. It's an awful feeling when u know u need to go but can't.

I'd prob keep doing tests too ladies, I reckon it's normal....dont think u believe it until u see that first scan.

Thanks for the dust LittleMiss!! I'm going to give Reiki a go nxt wknd to see what it's like and whether I think it will help - even if it's only a placebo effect!

So how far are u both now then? Xx

Littlemissworrier Fri 05-Apr-13 17:45:10

Thanks Perkins, Im on the Fibregel, then I have to take 2 duco tablets before bed. I had an opp last year as ive always struggled an dhave bad piles etc- ouch!!! they are only going to get worse too eeekkkkk!!

Just had a big glass of prune juice - yuck!!

Ooh exciting Leanne, was the visit interesting? whens your first scan?

Im 4 weeks and a day I think smile

xxx

leanne1405 Fri 05-Apr-13 18:00:14

I haven't b

leanne1405 Fri 05-Apr-13 18:02:29

I haven't booked the scan yet I'm back on the 18th maybe she will book me in then?! I'm feeling ok just really tired done days but ill be fine. The appointment was ok just got my books and my pregnancy info etc xxx

KW87 Sat 06-Apr-13 02:37:13

Thanks perkins its been great to share all this with you all. Its hard for my friends to relate and its comforting to know i am not alone.

We are doing the same and just having sex everyday for the main 2weeks. keep telling my husband lets have as much as we can have lol.

i am secrectly hoping i get pregnant this month without clomid but if not there is always next month.

it will happen baby dust to all.

SarahJ23 Mon 08-Apr-13 21:36:40

Hay everyone got some sad news Friday I miscarried at 5+5 sad just going to carry on as I was before and just focus on my new job and upcoming party for my hubby's birthday, trying to not be devastated,don't know if I should try the clomid again next cycle tho, any advise? x

This thread is not accepting new messages.