clomid success?

(1001 Posts)
rachie12 Thu 05-Apr-12 20:03:46

Hi, im on my second month of 50g clomid hoping it works this time, i have been trying to become pregnant for 2 years now i already have a 3 year old daughter and they are not sure why im struggling to become pregnant again. I would love to hear some good news about clomid i dont think i can take anymore negative tests sad The hospital have only given me 3 months of 50g and said if it does not work they wont give me anymore! so i dont no what they do next. i havent really had many side effects from it just headaches. If anyone can let me know there experience that would be great thanks
Rach xxx

Littlemissworrier Wed 20-Mar-13 11:47:16

Ah dont panic Alexandra, you are doing everything right and I am sure you will be fine, hope you didnt scare youreself too much with one born smile

xx

Littlemissworrier Thu 21-Mar-13 09:12:35

Any more good news ladies?? X

leanne1405 Thu 21-Mar-13 10:03:48

Well I gotta results back from my day 21 blood test yesterday. And I have ovulated! God i was so relieved when the doctor had told me that I had ovulated. It was at 48 I just hope I got the right day time to finally get my bfp!! Xx

Littlemissworrier Thu 21-Mar-13 10:33:37

Yey great news!!!! what does 48 mean Leanne? sorry, im still learing smile

Im having my bloods a weekd today, really hope the ovulation stick wasnt telling tales and I have ovulated too smile

How long did you have to wait for your results? did tehy give you them instantly yesterday? xx

leanne1405 Thu 21-Mar-13 10:55:39

I think they like it to be above 30, I'm not totally sure but I guess the higher the number the better? Well they was ready the day after but I had to get the hospital to fax them though to my GP then I had to make an appointment to see her to get them. But every hospital is different as mine wouldn't give me my results over the phone. I was so happy I started crying as soon as she told me bec I was just so relieved!! Good luck with yours xx

Littlemissworrier Thu 21-Mar-13 13:06:52

Ah thats amazing news!!!! oh I hope you caught that egg smile you migt have even more fab news in the next week -eeek!

And if not at least you know its all working smile x

Alexandra6 Thu 21-Mar-13 19:50:08

littlemiss how are you doing? I hope you're taking it easy and eating well in the 2ww!

leanne1405 Thu 21-Mar-13 19:55:16

I'm hoping I caught it too!! I've been quite good in not spotting. Bec last month I drove myself crazy!! But ill know next week x

Littlemissworrier Thu 21-Mar-13 20:36:47

Hi Alexandra
I'm good thank you although I was sick this afternoon after lunch? Very odd but feel pants!!!

I'm exercising daily and eating plenty of fish, chicken and veg! Costa coffee today was decafe too grin

How are you feeling??

Stay positive Leanne. X

Alexandra6 Thu 21-Mar-13 20:45:29

I'm good, trying not to POAS every five minutes! Sorry you were sick sad stomach bug or you ate something dodgy maybe? Glad you're eating well, that will keep your lining nice and healthy for implantation x

Alexandra6 Thu 21-Mar-13 20:46:31

Ps good work on the decaf!

Littlemissworrier Thu 21-Mar-13 21:37:31

Yes I don't think it's linked, just a bug I think. I know this next 2 weeks are awful aren't they!!! The wait is the worst.

Bloods next Thursday then fingers crossed one more week. Failing that we start again - phew its exhausting to think about

Glad you're feeling ok, keep positive, very very exciting xxx

leanne1405 Fri 22-Mar-13 08:19:19

I've only got to wait till next week and then I should know. I so want my BFP now I'm ready for it!! I have been getting some period type pains though I'm hoping that it's a good sign. As AF isn't due till next Thursday! But I guess we will soon see xx

Littlemissworrier Fri 22-Mar-13 11:07:42

Aw I have everything crossed for you Leaane. Everyone in hear seems to be straining to get good results smile

Remind me what month of clomid are you on? x

puddock Fri 22-Mar-13 11:14:28

MoodyPebble I have PCO too, and had the same provera then clomid protocol. Hang in there. Both my boys were Clomid babies - DS1 conceived on 6th round at 100mg (after 5 previous rounds at 50mg, last try before moving to IVF), DS2 on 2nd round at 50mg.
I got lots of support and advice from the Verity forums, and took guaifesinin (cough mixture) which was said to counteract clomid's side effect of reducing CM. There are aspects of clomid which work against conception (reducing CM, thinner endometrium) so it works best at lowest dose/shortest time.
I found side effects milder if I took it in the evening rather than the morning.

Littlemissworrier Fri 22-Mar-13 12:11:00

Hi puddock, wow congratulations on your 3 babies smile

I am in my first round of 50m clomid. I don't have psco but am not ovulating due to lack of progesterone. I've not noticed any dryness yet, does it get worse as the months go on? Maybe round 2 will worsen? X

puddock Fri 22-Mar-13 13:43:03

Just the 2 ;) but thanks LMW, I know how fortunate I am and can really remember being where you guys on this thread are now (was trying for 18 months before DS1).

It's not dryness exactly, but clomid can sometimes make CM thicker and more 'hostile' - see www.fertilityplus.com/faq/cm.html and the guaifenesin - I can't spell it! - counteracts that a bit.
I asked my gynae consultant about taking it and he said that though the clinical data was not overwhelming he didn't see that it would do any harm... Of course I have no way of knowing if it made any difference to me, but it's an inexpensive and low-hassle thing to try...
Good luck!

leanne1405 Fri 22-Mar-13 16:28:09

I am on my second round of clomid of 50mg and I am hoping that this is my month. This will be 18 month of trying if I don't get pregnant. I'm just not sure how much longer I can wait xx

Littlemissworrier Sat 23-Mar-13 00:39:37

Puddock that link is really useful - thank you.

Leanne, just re read my last message was supposed to say 'starting to get result' not straining smile honestly it seems to turning good for everyone na di really hope this is your month - everything is in your favour - yey! smile xx

leanne1405 Sat 23-Mar-13 08:50:51

I hope your right, even if I don't get a BFP at least I know the clomid is working. But I really do want to get my BFP this month. I just don't want to get to giddy about it xx

Littlemissworrier Sat 23-Mar-13 16:23:31

I feel the same Leanne, 1st time ive had a postive ovulation wee test and we definately covered our days, even with other half away he was there the day of the smiley so im keeping everything crossed. Blood on Thursdy to double confirm my wee test then another 7 day wait! argh!! its the waiting, its awful

I REALLY hopw we both get a BFP this cycle, the thought of doing it all again is so emotionally drainning xxx

leanne1405 Sun 24-Mar-13 17:15:58

Yeah I know what you mean it's just so hard to keep a level head about it all when your not getting pregnant. But our time will come I'm sure of that xx

Littlemissworrier Mon 25-Mar-13 14:25:45

How you doing Alexandra?? still feeling OK? X

KW87 Tue 26-Mar-13 21:07:11

Hi everyone, I am hoping you can help. I have PCOS and my husband and I have been trying for 1.5years. The doc gave my progestrone to start my period (which i took for 5 days) no period though. I started clomid with metformin on Mar 17 for 5 days 100 mg, 2 days after i stopped progestrone. I have been doing OPK tests since the 24th and they have been negative.

How long did it take to ovulate?

Alexandra6 Wed 27-Mar-13 16:16:23

I ovulated on day 20 kw87, it varies though. Good luck.

littlemiss I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. So anxious as you can imagine. How are you, what day are you on now??

This thread is not accepting new messages.