Ugandan anti-homosexual propaganda

(10 Posts)
SomeGuy Fri 11-Jun-10 21:12:41

Anyone seen this?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXQbZDwV0w

This is the kind of thing that has led to the Ugandan Bill to kill gays.

Inspired, it seems by American evangelicals, who visited last year: www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/world/africa/04uganda.html, and believes that homosexuals were behind the Nazi party (the book 'The Pink Swastika' is basically The Protocols of the Elders of Zion turned against homosexuals) and describes the 'extreme' of the 'homosexual spectrum' as being mass murderers and commiters of genocide, and that homosexuality is synonymous with paedophilia.

jodevizes Sat 12-Jun-10 12:11:35

I think it is terrible. I used to go to a forum on world affairs which covered the media, environment, issues etc.. The biggest posting was on how gay people are an abomination in the eyes of god, all of them. You would not believe the number of posts it attracted. Christians, Muslims and Jews were queing up to say how terrible it was.

I thought it was such a waste of time worrying about a persons sexuality, given all the other rotten things going on in the world. Sigh.

LoopsInHoops Thu 22-Nov-12 13:10:08

http://www.allout.org/en/actions/uganda-now

LoopsInHoops Thu 22-Nov-12 13:12:11

sorry link

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Thu 22-Nov-12 16:55:18

My 'D'F and his wife are Christians, and they think that homosexuality is 'an abomination'. Hideous stuff.

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Thu 22-Nov-12 16:55:56

I should add for clarity, I know that's not true of all Christians! I was a bit shocked to hear that kind of nonsense from my dad tho'.

Bloodybridget Sun 25-Nov-12 19:32:22

Sorry to see so few posts on this. There is a petition on Avaaz which seeks to stop horrific anti-gay legislation in Uganda. I never know if petitions do make a difference, but Avaaz think their previous efforts have helped, and perhaps also LGBT people in Uganda will know that they have international support.

Bloodybridget Sun 25-Nov-12 19:33:00

oh maybe have duplicated Loops post - sorry!

Sarahplane Sun 25-Nov-12 19:41:05

It's appalling in the 21st Century that people can still have these attitudes. Homophobia is awful and unacceptable but on a national scale, with the death penalty? That's horrifically fucked up. Theres just no words, And then when gay ugandans apply for asylum our government will turn them away because they don't believe they're gay. I hope a lot of people sign this and this is stopped.

Sarahplane Sun 25-Nov-12 19:46:26

Also similar petitions on all out website for Russia, Nigeria and Cameroon so please sign those too. Can't link because im on my phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now