Anyone else reckon that the powers that be MUST have known about the effing volcano?

(100 Posts)
blinks Sat 17-Apr-10 18:25:17

surely they must have had word before we officially found out... imagine the fallout if we had known earlier- no-one would have booked airline tickets and companies would have gone into meltdown.

now they can declare it an act of god and not pay out.

interesting that.

frasersmummy Sun 18-Apr-10 19:28:55

I think all those being told its an act of god should get together and write a huge document about the earth's plates, fault lines etc therefore proving the volcano was caused by a force of nature and not an act of god. And then tell the insurance co's to get their cheque book out

keerrrist

Desi

good lord

how the devil are you ??

Ponders Sun 18-Apr-10 19:36:33

they covered this on Moneybox on R4 yesterday:

podcast

European airlines are responsible for flight costs (but getting that out of eg Ryanair is another matter)

and some travel insurance companies are cheerfully accepting liability but others (inc John Lewis's - green something? - shock) aren't.

So take notes for next time you buy insurance hmm

Desiderata Sun 18-Apr-10 19:39:14

Hey, Boys!! I'm really good, mate.

It's nice to see some old faces on here smile

MmeLindt Sun 18-Apr-10 19:42:33

Aha!

It all becomes clear to me.

It was a conspiracy to lure Desi back to MN.

RunawayWife Sun 18-Apr-10 19:44:23

Don't Panic

JackBauer Sun 18-Apr-10 19:44:54

<<holds hands up palm out>>

woah now, grinI don't really give a shit having got myself across europe with no net access after my flight was cancelled years ago and I needed to get to work. Was playing devils advocate!
But still, I do know of one person stuck in transit in a stop over country with no visa, so they can't leave their hotel and the airport has their passport, that's gotta suck!

Desiderata Sun 18-Apr-10 19:45:45

Ha ha!

<twirls nipple hair>

Quite so, Lindt grin

blinks Sun 18-Apr-10 20:26:33

<forcibly removes nipple hair for future cloning>

well i don't give a shit. something weird is going on.

the lights in russia and norway. orbs over volcanos.

i'm joining costco to bulk buy tin foil.

Desiderata Sun 18-Apr-10 20:54:57

And there's that fucking great nebula in the penusventura trajectory currently hovering over the gulf of Benin.

D'ya know what, Blinks? I think you might be on to something.

SethStarkaddersMum Sun 18-Apr-10 20:57:00

woohoo! Desiderata is back! (she won't recognise me as I've been namechanging.)

Desiderata Sun 18-Apr-10 20:58:26

You naughty cow!

And don't even think about asking me to guess who you once were.

SethStarkaddersMum Sun 18-Apr-10 21:00:38

have you yet been filled in on everything that has happened since you left? you know all about Riven and David Cameron I take it?

Desiderata Sun 18-Apr-10 21:02:26

No! Is Riven his secret lover?

I still blame Sportacus. All those vegetables are bound to lead to eruptions grin

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 18-Apr-10 21:06:16

Desi!!! Long time no see!!

SethStarkaddersMum Sun 18-Apr-10 21:06:40

ask her Desi.

Desiderata Sun 18-Apr-10 21:09:49

Puss !!! We should meet up soon. My boy's in school now, so I've got a bit more time.

Seth, I know that she spoke to Cameron on a live MN thread a few years back, and that he promised to visit her.

I don't know the outcome of that.

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 18-Apr-10 21:13:07

Desi - he did visit her - the other week grin ...she's practically royalty now our Riv!

My boy starts in Sept <wibble>

Desiderata Sun 18-Apr-10 21:15:15

Don't wibble, Puss. It's a fantastic new phase, and you'll love every minute of it.

Honest smile

sarah293 Mon 19-Apr-10 07:31:02

Message withdrawn

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 19-Apr-10 09:15:00

Lol Riven!

It has been manic here..off to Syria end of the month, Insha'Allah but am having kittens at volcanic ash...I want at least a week of clear flights before I go but my mother is freaking out and its rubbing off on me!

playground is finished. smile Weird how this thread started about volcanos and has gotten to playgrounds hmm

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 19-Apr-10 09:22:35

Ilove - yes I went there last week! T'was packed but DS loved it and the chocolate cake bars in the cafe are yummy...coffee blardy vile though but hey, can't have everything grin

amidaiwish Mon 19-Apr-10 18:14:44

is there a list of insurance companies who are/are not paying out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now