Make sure your zombie plan is up to date...

(133 Posts)
StayFrostyDMisaVileRag Tue 18-Aug-09 10:56:57

Science ponders zombie attack

"If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilisation unless dealt with quickly and aggressively."

No shit Sherlock.

BakuMum Sun 04-Oct-09 10:54:05

Stolen joke: do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers? No, of course not, they eat the popcorn after the fingers!

Goodness me I don't even have a plan for a powercut let alone a zombie attack! <<wanders off mumbling to self about needing to be more organised>>

PuzzleRocks Sun 23-Aug-09 14:01:33

blush apologies

PuzzleRocks Sun 23-Aug-09 14:01:15

aplogies if anyone has already linked

They should put this on the national curriculum.

PuzzleRocks Sun 23-Aug-09 13:49:28

By Ozziegirly Wed 19-Aug-09 03:21:37
"Why are zombies intrinsically evil though? I mean, I know we assume that they will be on the rampage for brains and general violence, but why? I don't see that it follows that dead = evil."

I couldn't let this go unanswered. People, people, your lack of knowledge deeply disturbs me. Tis serious shit you know. You can't join my band of resistance fighters without a sound understanding of the enemy.

In Day of the Dead, the mad scientist explains that the last part of the brain to rot is the r complex in the core "that prehistoric bit of jelly inherited from the dinosaurs" It is what drives us at the most primitive level thus they act on a "deep, dark, primordial instinct", being the need to feed.

TheDailyMailHatesWomenAndLemon Sun 23-Aug-09 13:24:06

muggglewump, the original zombie plan thread established through an inexhaustive survey of DPs and DHs that the majority of men have a zombie plan but, at least until MN set about remedying this shocking deficiency, very few women do.

Mumcentreplus Sat 22-Aug-09 23:42:11

LOL..veggies are still very meaty,chewy,boney, delish to a zombie grin

branhasnocommentfortheDM Sat 22-Aug-09 22:32:35

I'm afraid so Kk.

Katiekitty Sat 22-Aug-09 22:20:52

Totally serious question here, from a MN who happens to be updaing one's zombie plan... do zombies feast on vegetarians?

Genuine question, thank you

cornsillk Sat 22-Aug-09 17:36:40

This is why I never wear matching underwear.

Mumcentreplus Sat 22-Aug-09 17:20:17

Well there are the Dawn of the dead (2004) Zombies that were very fast...also the Resident Evil Zombies..they are a combined Zombie/Infected..but Zom nevertheless..zombie dogs are quite popular never seen a Zomcat yet..have seen other animals including birds (Resident Evil)..maybe they are carriers more than out and out Zombies? hmm

branhasnocommentfortheDM Sat 22-Aug-09 11:49:44

28 Days Later wasn't about zombies, they were The Infected. They were living people infected with a virus (a bit like rabies) which made them very sensitive to light and permanantly angry. They had the strength and speed of an ordinary person having an adrenalin rush, and they could be killed in the same way as an ordinary person and didn't necessarily need a head shot or decapitation. In that film the virus could definitely be passed between species because it was originally caught from an animal, a chimp I think, in a laboratory.

On the whole the films are very unclear about the zombification of animals, probably because of the cost and complication of using specially trained animals with lots of gory makeup. I haven't actually seen very many zombie films though, (because I'm too chicken sophisticated for them) so perhaps somebody else has seen one with animals.

borriebear Sat 22-Aug-09 11:07:50

If the zombies were in the 28 days mold, then would a zombie tortoise or sloth be a frenzied killing machine?

My DH is reading this and wonders..."It would also go against all the WWW stuff about taking out a zombie Panda with a headshot."

hmm

ridingjoker Sat 22-Aug-09 08:16:15

will the animals turn into zombies too.

for example. if zombie bit a horse, would it then have a zombie horse to ride around on to terrorise us?

muggglewump Sat 22-Aug-09 02:29:41

Right, I have a bread knife and a similar knife but with a pointy tip.

I've a pair of Ice skates, not to skate off into the distance (not going to happen on a gravel road), but to kill zombies.
I don't drive or have a car.

What will I do?

It's bad enough that I'm stuck in the house because of the slugs, I'll be really fucked if the zombies comesad

My exbf won't tell me of his plan, he just waffled on about peanutshmm
I think he doesn't want me to share his plan.

I'm going to diesad

IdontMN2makecopyforlazyjournos Fri 21-Aug-09 22:09:23

Which is why you need some basic weapons planned to enable you to get to a vehicle and get out of there.

You are right. Going up is always a shit idea.

muggglewump Fri 21-Aug-09 22:00:57

Well I can't go outside, the zombies will be there.

Oh god, I'll make the classic horror film mistake of running upwards won't I.

I'm going to diesad

IdontMN2makecopyforlazyjournos Fri 21-Aug-09 21:17:07

You need to research this. Here are some ideas.

IdontMN2makecopyforlazyjournos Fri 21-Aug-09 21:14:04

Do not jump into the loft. How are you going to get out again?

muggglewump Fri 21-Aug-09 19:44:43

Is it normal away from MN to have a Zombie Plan?

I had my exbf here last weekend, and I was telling him about MN and how much I am addicted enjoy it.
I'd said about the fun threads, particularly those in classics and he has a zombie plan too.

Is it just me that had no idea about zombie plans until I joined MN?

Of course now I have a plan of supersonic jumping into the loft (no ladder) and squealing.

branhasnocommentfortheDM Fri 21-Aug-09 19:38:23

So assuming that we all survive the zombie attack (and how could we not survive, our plans are so exhaustive), what then?

If the decapitated zombies rot and are absorbed into the ground would we be able to eat vegetables grown in that soil?

What about the rain falling onto rotting zombies and then going into the water table? How do you treat water to make it safe? Is it enough to just boil and/or clorinate it or is the zombie infection made of stronger stuff than bacteria?

I'm assuming that nobody will eat meat that comes from omnivores (eg pigs or fish) because you don't know what they were eating during the zombie attack, but what about cows or sheep? Would they be safe to eat if they have been grazing near rotting zombies? Would the milk be safe?

There's only so long that we can all survive on the old tinned food, even if we do get quite slap-dash about use-by dates.

tinkistheresidentshopper Fri 21-Aug-09 16:21:33

have a zombie disguise ready just incase
fire arms and weapons
build a bunker in the garden

lisianthus Fri 21-Aug-09 08:56:03

Great! I can practise my plan AND pick up an Antilop chair.

TheOnlyDailyMaleForMeisDH Thu 20-Aug-09 23:01:28

Incidentally if you every want to practice your zombie plan and want to do a mock evacuation of your entire family from an enclosed space filled with the braindead, the sale at IKEA starts in October grin

Mumcentreplus Thu 20-Aug-09 22:48:53

Fire is best..with an added head shot if you have a fire-arm...I'm thinking on a British non-country level..grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now