How long before the first "Google Street View" divorce?!?!!

(95 Posts)
morningpaper Thu 19-Mar-09 13:49:34

Google now has street view

This is amazing! So much detail - wow!

They are supposed to have blocked out number plates but you can read around 1 in 3 very clearly on my mother-in-law's street. I'm sure it won't be long before someone finds the wrong car outside the wrong house....!

KingCanuteIAm Thu 19-Mar-09 13:55:59

You can see in peoples windows shock

I cannot believe this has been done, I am so far beyond shocked, who very dare they walk down my street snapping picks angry

I know I cannot do anything, but i think I may well stop opening my curtains from now on angry

morningpaper Thu 19-Mar-09 13:56:24

It's WEIRD isn't it?

KingCanuteIAm Thu 19-Mar-09 13:59:04

YES it is MP [still shocked emoticon]

dragonbutter Thu 19-Mar-09 14:02:27

they don't walk kingcanute. it's a car with a tall futuristic looking thing stuck on top.
very modern wink

Housemum Thu 19-Mar-09 14:07:13

I'm torn between feeling that it's an infringement of privacy, and the Hilda-Ogden curtain-twitching side of me that wishes her town was on there to be nosey...

JackBauer Thu 19-Mar-09 14:08:48

Nice. You can see right into my kitchen and sitting room as the camera is higher than eye level so looks over the curtain. Twats.

KingCanuteIAm Thu 19-Mar-09 14:08:59

Will I am very very unhappy about the infringment of my privacy - but I have just noticed that you can see the laundry hung in exs window - it looks ver ver chav. Every cloud and all that grin

EachPeachPearMum Thu 19-Mar-09 14:11:11

shock JackBauer I would be very unhappy about that.
I am cross enough about being on it myself, albeit blurred out.

EachPeachPearMum Thu 19-Mar-09 14:12:24

Can you contact them and ask to have it blurred? I'm sure they did this in some cases when the US one was released.

KingCanuteIAm Thu 19-Mar-09 14:13:40

I am torn between it being what anyone could see (mostly) if they walked down our street and the feeling that anyone in the whole world can see this without even taking the effort to walk down my street. Sorry but it creeps me out!

Own up, how many are going to check out the perfect PTA mums house for a good nosey - imagine how something like that could be abused or misused... It just feels wrong to me!

What towns is it available for? Every one I look at it says "streetview unavailable"

dragonbutter Thu 19-Mar-09 14:15:33

i told my MIL that she was on google earth in her garden and asked her when she became a naturist.

tee hee.

JackBauer Thu 19-Mar-09 14:16:58

Although it's quite good fun nosing round.
I am just searching a junction near my house though as they cut me up when they were trawling round and I may have made a rude sign at them....

CrackerNut Thu 19-Mar-09 14:18:09

It apparently coves Birmingham, but every street I have looked at says there is no pic available.

EachPeachPearMum Thu 19-Mar-09 14:19:27

Nutty- I'm in B ham, though South.

SoupDragon Thu 19-Mar-09 14:21:57

How bizzare - they only got 1/3 of the way up my short side road.

EachPeachPearMum Thu 19-Mar-09 14:22:27

Meant to say, weirdly, because of the time lapse, my car is at a junction, and then parked as well!

SoupDragon Thu 19-Mar-09 14:25:09

I'm pleased to see that they visited DSs school in the summer holidays.

bronze Thu 19-Mar-09 14:26:36

I can't get on. Could someone please post me a direct link.
I just want to see what its like I don't think its a good idea if they can see into people houses

WilfSell Thu 19-Mar-09 14:29:36

oh my god. I've just looked at my dad's house and my friend's.

And there was a window cleaner on one house nearby. Wonder if he's still there. grin

Quite glad my street will NEVER be on it...

KingCanuteIAm Thu 19-Mar-09 14:35:24
MmeLindt Thu 19-Mar-09 14:35:49

OOh, DD and I have just had a nosy at Granny's house.

She was most disappointed that Granny was not in the garden.

I can understand anyone being annoyed, it is very detailed.

MmeLindt Thu 19-Mar-09 14:36:41

It covers a fair bit of Dundee.

Not that I have been nosying around or anything.

Stretch Thu 19-Mar-09 14:39:17

I can see loads of numberplates!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now