Jeremy Corbyn backs Sarah Champion who admits she 'lost control' in domestic row

(34 Posts)
RosieSW Tue 27-Sep-16 23:53:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

goadyfuckersgetmygoat Wed 28-Sep-16 00:07:38

It's not an expose. It's always been public knowledge but the media didn't care or it wasn't of interest then. She claims to have been open about it. Before she was given the job they knew about it.

I don't know the extent of the abuse though.

Piscivorus Wed 28-Sep-16 00:16:47

I don't know much about this but it sounds very dodgy to me so probably will to lots of other people who know very little too.

I wonder if he would be as supportive if the genders were reversed? Would he back a male colleague who had abused a female partner and said she made him do it?

RosieSW Wed 28-Sep-16 17:29:16

mathsmum314 Fri 30-Sep-16 09:46:14

This hypocritical abusive woman should be sacked from the shadow frontbench immediately. JC is a misogynist so it doesn't surprise me that he appointed an abuser to this position, fits with his ideology.

Can you imagine the outrage if TM appointed a man who abused his wife as spokesman for domestic violence. Beggars belief.

WindPowerRanger Fri 30-Sep-16 09:51:27

This is JC's Labour Party-what matters is that you are ideologically sound, not that you have integrity or credibility. Typical Trot stance.

RosieSW Fri 30-Sep-16 14:57:08

Sparklesilverglitter Fri 30-Sep-16 15:00:27

How can he support her.

So it's ok for women to be violent to men but what if it had Been the DH accused of violence would he be supporting him? Or does she get a pass because she is a women?

My uncle suffered in a violent marriage for many years as he worried nobody would take his suffering seriously, he is safe now and putting his life back together but the way his wife's actions destroyed him is shocking.

Eatthecake Fri 30-Sep-16 15:04:18

How one earth can he support her, fucking shocking

Why should a women be given a green pass to be violent to her DH, we don't do that with men do we? Like hell he would support a man that had been violent to an ex partner.

In my job I had worked with a few men that suffered violence within there realtionship. I think we forget that violence in relationships to men does happen and it can effect them the same way it does women that are met with violence

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 07-Oct-16 11:35:39

How can you be an advocate of preventing domestic violence but have attacked your husband in the past? The mind boggles.

IminaPickle Fri 07-Oct-16 11:39:39

Because women die at the hands of their partners or ex partners at the rate of 2/3 week.
Women occasionally snap after years of abuse, men routinely murder their partners.

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 07-Oct-16 12:24:56

metro.co.uk/2016/01/25/there-are-parts-of-britain-where-more-men-are-killed-by-women-in-domestic-violence-5643040/

anon123456 Fri 07-Oct-16 14:34:51

And today she is promoted. Labour has turned into the nasty party.

I was abused for six years by a women, I had a two mental breakdowns and lost everything. I couldn't' get help from anyone because no on ever believed me, I am a 'big' guy and she was a 'petite' woman...

There is a lot more abusive women out there than is ever reported because society just doesn't understand how a man can let a woman abuse him.

Twogoats Fri 07-Oct-16 14:41:30

If this was a bloke from UKIP, he would have been sacked by now.

Snapespeare Fri 07-Oct-16 14:51:38

some slightly less selective press

"...I started walking out of the room and Graham made a lunge for me.

"The next thing I knew I was against the wall as he pushed the picture into my chest. I felt his grip relax and pushed back.

“He grabbed the kitchen phone and called the police and said his wife was attacking him with a weapon.

“I was terrified. That was the sum total of what happened"

IminaPickle Fri 07-Oct-16 15:36:14

anon fortunately there are statistics which suggest you're talking bollocks. I'm sorry for your experience but it's not typical.
Of course there is under reporting for a myriad of reasons. Which is why it's more important to to look at the actual figures of people killed by their partners. They tend not to be under reported. hmm

anon123456 Fri 07-Oct-16 15:55:07

In her words. "I started walking out of the room and Graham made a lunge for me. The next thing I knew I was against the wall as he pushed the picture into my chest. I felt his grip relax and pushed back."

If that was all that happened and was true then why did she then say,
" the violence flared during a row over a painting..."
“I’m not proud of what happened and I accept I was in the wrong..."
I lost control after being provoked for years and for that I am sorry..."

Why then was she finger-printed, interrogated, put into a cell with her belt and shoes taken, then cautioned for assault?

Derbyshire Police said " there was no doubt that Graham had called 999 and was the victim of an assault.”

What happened to ZERO tolerance. Its NEVER an excuse for a man to say, well its not my fault I was provoked. So why should a women be allowed that excuse. She abused her husband and is not fit to protect people against violence.

"Friends of Mr. Hoyland said that Mrs. Champion had attacked him before and misrepresented the incident in her comments to the press"

There was also testimony that Sarah was a vivacious woman but also very harassing and abusive. Graham became terrified of her and still has nightmares about her.

anon123456 Fri 07-Oct-16 16:00:24

minaPickle
where is the proof that "there is more abusive women out there than is ever reported", is bollocks?

BoneyBackJefferson Fri 07-Oct-16 16:04:06

IminaPickle

If you are going to use statistics at least get your own right.

Women occasionally snap after years of abuse

Nice stereotype there.

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 07-Oct-16 16:06:36

There is lots more men and women out there that are abusive in general TBH as victims in general don't come forward.

anon123456 Fri 07-Oct-16 16:12:43

Idliketobeabutterfly, yes that is my experience.

BoneyBackJefferson Fri 07-Oct-16 16:15:41

agree with Idliketobeabutterfly

Idliketobeabutterfly Fri 07-Oct-16 16:18:14

Also the abuse tends to be a slow process and may not be physical or not purely physical. I feel for her ex especially if struggling still, this position is highly inappropriate for her and the fact that she minimises this as a 'loss of control' and uses excuses says lots more about her character.

anon123456 Fri 07-Oct-16 16:22:24

The point I was making is that men in particular are not believed/supported when they claim to have been abused by a woman. As some in this thread demonstrate:

I have come across "its bollocks, only women that have the right to be victims because men are bastards...." or "its ok for her to assault him because she must have been harassed for years" or "its ok for women to abuse men because some women die at the hands of men" or "Don't be silly, why would he let her hit him" or "Its not possible for a woman to rape a man" and on and on

Do any of them responses work the other way around!

Felascloak Fri 07-Oct-16 16:30:45

It's not possible for a woman to rape a man in British law because rape is penetration with a penis. But let's not derail the thread into what about the men.

I think JC must be nuts, this is crazy and offensive to DV victims. He has also promoted Shami Chakrabarti which has offended some Jewish organisations. Today I heard his new shadow sec. of state for BAME communities and she didn't even sound sure whether she was meant to represent Jewish interests. It's absolutely shambolic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now