Wishing Ralph Knibbs a speedy and full recovery after Lauren Jeska tried to murder him

(35 Posts)
AskBasil Sat 24-Sep-16 08:59:54

News story here

The other thread discusses the ins and outs of the case, the reporting etc., but I wanted to set up a thread to thank him for his work with women's sport and wish him the speediest and best recovery possible.

Please don't de-rail this with discussions of the ins and outs - there's a thread to discuss the politics of it elsewhere, this thread is really just to let him know that there are women out here rooting for him, who recognise his integrity and appreciate it.

All the best Ralph flowers

NormaStanleyFletcher Sat 24-Sep-16 09:09:58

I hope Ralph makes a full and steady recovery.

His work with women's sport is appreciated.

From what I gather he is a good man with integrity and a passion for sport.

PinkIndustry Sat 24-Sep-16 09:21:34

What a terrible thing to happen. Thank you for your support of women's sport, Ralph, and I hope you recover soon.

Also sending sympathy and support to your co-workers who witnessed or had to become involved in this dreadful attack.

AnyFucker Sat 24-Sep-16 10:02:03

Adding my support for Mr Knibbs for the work you have done and hopefully will soon to be in a position to continue to do

ladyballs Sat 24-Sep-16 10:05:00

Get well soon Ralph flowers

DanaBarrett Sat 24-Sep-16 10:06:17

Get well soon Ralph flowerscake

exLtEveDallas Sat 24-Sep-16 10:07:57

Another one adding their best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, and a return to the job he has been doing so well.

All the very best Ralph, you are much appreciated.

TeaPleaseLouise Sat 24-Sep-16 10:12:46

Such a terrible and unjust thing to have happened. I hope Ralph and his coworkers who were injured recover soon.

stitchglitched Sat 24-Sep-16 10:15:33

Best wishes to Ralph. He is an honourable man who sacrificed personal success to take a stance against apartheid and I admire him enormously.

Wishing you and your co-workers a speedy recovery.

Beachcomber Sat 24-Sep-16 10:28:01

Best wishes Ralph. Wishing you a speedy recovery and sending thank you to you as a person of principal - so so sorry to hear that you have been attacked for your principles. Best wishes to your family and co-workers also. flowers

ErrolTheDragon Sat 24-Sep-16 10:48:09

Get well soon, Ralph. Thanks to you, and to your brave colleagues who saved your life. flowers

RiverTam Sat 24-Sep-16 10:50:36

All the best Ralph, wishing you a full and speedy recovery.
flowers

HemanOrSheRa Sat 24-Sep-16 10:51:43

I used to work with Ralph many years ago. He really is a good man with integrity Norma. And a brilliant rugby player!

Get well soon Ralph flowers.

Amandahugandkisses Sat 24-Sep-16 10:54:43

Get well soon Ralph you are in my thoughts and prayers flowers

CrazyNameCrazyGuy Sat 24-Sep-16 11:10:54

Wishing you all the very best for your recovery Ralph. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thank you for standing up for women in sport and thank you for your stand against apartheid during your rugby playing days. We need more men with your strong principles in the world.

flowers

JacquettaWoodville Sat 24-Sep-16 11:11:59

Best wishes Ralph.

AdaLovelacesCat Sat 24-Sep-16 11:13:46

Lauren Jeska, is she not that transwoman from Aberystwyth that is always cleaning up in women;s sports events?
that is how it appears anyway.

AdaLovelacesCat Sat 24-Sep-16 11:18:18

oh sorry I see we have already been through this.
My housemate who used to run and I knew she was not a reall woman, we used to joke about it when she appeared on the front page of our local paper for winning a women only race.

JacquettaWoodville Sat 24-Sep-16 11:18:32

Ada

Lauren is a transwoman, yes, but the thread is about good wishes for Ralph as there is an AIBU thread about the crime itself

CrazyNameCrazyGuy Sat 24-Sep-16 11:18:50

Ada

Yes but this is a thread to wish Ralph Knibbs well.

Discussion thread is here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2739095-To-be-livid-at-this-Attempted-murder-of-man-working-to-make-womens-sport-fairer?

SweetGrapes Sat 24-Sep-16 11:18:53

Best wishes, Ralph. And a big thank you! flowers

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Sat 24-Sep-16 11:19:03

That's the one, Ada.

JacquettaWoodville Sat 24-Sep-16 11:19:04

X post

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Sat 24-Sep-16 11:20:36

Get well soon, Ralph, and thank you for standing up for women in sport.

MostlyHet Sat 24-Sep-16 11:30:34

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Ralph. flowers Thank you for a lifetime of showing a principled approach in sport, both in sacrificing your own international career to make a stand against apartheid, and for working tirelessly for fairness within sport as an official.

I've only ever played at an amateur level (women's football, rowing) but the work officials do is vital and undervalued. Thank you for your hard work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now