This poor, poor little boy.

(15 Posts)
babyboyt Wed 21-Sep-16 11:40:28

Honestly, this really fucks me off. It just makes me also worry about the future (I have a son who has red hair, he's only 2).

This poor boy. I see the video and it upsets me. Then it goes on to say he lost his mum and step-mum in the space of 10 months sad

Little shits.

http://dailym.ai/2cjXS58

helpimitchy Wed 21-Sep-16 20:30:41

It's horrible isn't it? sad

Ds2 has red hair and has had unpleasant comments from peers. There's no easy answer as it seems that prejudice is rife when it comes to this.

I encourage ds to be proud of his hair and I get mine dyed the same colour in solidarity smile

I hope the poor lad in the video recovers and the nasty little shits are caught and well punished.

metimeisforwimps Wed 21-Sep-16 20:34:35

Ugh I hate this stupidity. I had an ex with red hair and the comments he would get from adults were just ridiculous. There are a red haired pair of brothers in my sons swimming class and they are beautiful it takes my breath away.

AdaLovelacesCat Wed 21-Sep-16 20:38:57

oh yes I remember my sons friend who was spectacularly ginger...well they were about ten and playing in the park...this black kid from school comes up to him and says, 'get back in your biscuit tin, ginger' so the ginger kid says 'get back in your chocolate box then' and got reported for racism.

albertcampionscat Wed 21-Sep-16 20:45:24

When I see a kid with bright red hair I really want to tell them it's beautiful. Partly because it is, and partly to counteract this crap, but then I'm never sure if it's the right thing to do.

cdtaylornats Wed 21-Sep-16 22:47:57

If it worries you that much move to Scotland or Ireland

Lj8893 Wed 21-Sep-16 22:50:21

This happened in the town next door to me, where I work. It's so sad, but so typical of the town which sounds horrible but it's true. The older sister of one of the bullies stated on Facebook something along the lines of being proud of her brother as it shows he is hard enough to look after himself sad

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 22-Sep-16 10:00:43

Well I hope when they find the little shits. They're charged with hate crime. They would be if he were persecuted for his skin colour and rightly so. Why should hair colour be any different.
Oh and this has gone on right through school. Well they also need a kick up the arse.

newlabelwriter Thu 22-Sep-16 10:09:28

That's my home town (thankfully moved away along time ago) and the mentality sadly doesn't shock me, I was bullied there for being too thin (really wouldn't apply now!) weird hair and buck teeth. My DD has red hair an d in Y5 and has never had any negative comments about her hair, it's truly beautiful (I know I am biased) but we have taught her to love it, luckily she has two very feisty, red haired aunties who she looks up to. This filming mentality is horrible, poor boy.

0dfod Thu 22-Sep-16 10:11:09

Poor poor boy sad

I just want to gather him up and hug him, shield him from harm, tell him he is a great kid, that he's deserves happiness and love.

Fucking abusive bullies angry

BungoWomble Thu 22-Sep-16 19:30:46

It's a shame they've chosen to describe it as a 'humiliating' assault though. The only humiliation involved is the way the attackers have shown themselves to be total shits, not worth the time of day: there is none for the person they attacked.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Fri 23-Sep-16 08:17:43

What gets me is why people do this?
DP got bullied at school for being diabetic. Like, life is not bad enough having to suffer insulin injections every day... and back then the needles were more like nails ... so stupid people choose to bully someone on account of just being different.

Is it a heard mentality? Or some hangover from a prehistoric era when pre humans lived in packs and any weakness in an individual could threaten the survival of the pack?

That apart, I always like red hair. Though I feel sorry for them as they burn so easy in the sun.

Jesus Christ that is horrifying. That poor little boy. I hope all of the nasty spiteful fuckers who took part in that are identified and their parents contacted, i would be devastated to discover my child was so cruel and aggressive.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 26-Sep-16 13:15:57

Golden, me too. I'd hate the thought that I'd raised such a monster.
However the parents may not give a shit. You know what they say about Apples and Trees.

FindingNemoFindingDory Wed 28-Sep-16 03:53:07

That's incredibly sad sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now