Judge and defendant exchange insults in court - yes, it's wrong, wrong, wrong but...

(12 Posts)
SwedishEdith Fri 12-Aug-16 10:57:06

... I can see how she must have just snapped.

Story here

"John Hennigan, 50, who had breached the order by using racist language towards a black woman and her two children told Chelmsford crown court judge Patricia Lynch QC that she was “a bit of a cunt”. And Judge Lynch replied: “You are a bit of a cunt yourself.”

When Hennigan screamed back “Go fuck yourself”, the judge replied: “You too.” He reportedly also shouted “Sieg Heil” – a pro-Hitler chant used in Nazi Germany – and banged the glass panel of the dock as he was jailed for 18 months."

A complaint has been made against her now.

GirlWithTheLionHeart Fri 12-Aug-16 10:59:18

Shouldn't have lowered herself imo

TheJiminyConjecture Fri 12-Aug-16 11:01:26

I can't believe anyone would complain about this!

Cunt is far too good to describe this vile individual.

BeMorePanda Fri 12-Aug-16 11:04:23

I think she is wonderful.

WhisperingLoudly Fri 12-Aug-16 11:08:09

I think she's a MNer grin

Iggi999 Fri 12-Aug-16 11:11:47

Not a mumsnetter or she'd have told him to fuck of to the far side of fuck and when he got there fuck off some more.
Possibly.

SwedishEdith Fri 12-Aug-16 11:27:56

Shouldn't have lowered herself imo

I'm sure she knows that. I can see the scene in the tv drama already - Helen Mirren or Maxine Peake having a solitar scotch at home.

Redglitter Fri 12-Aug-16 11:31:19

I bet the folk complaining weren't even there they'll have been suitably outraged reading about it.

Talking to him in a language he understood Good on her

ThatStewie Fri 12-Aug-16 11:32:16

I can't believe how many times he violated his ASBO before getting a custodial sentence.

Loving the judges comment though

mayoketchupchocolate Fri 12-Aug-16 11:36:29

I think she's brilliant. He's a vile creature, why should anyone have to pussyfoot around him because of their status? Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade!

I can't believe anyone found the time or inclination to actually make a complaint about this. I suggest taking that time and energy and actually do something useful instead.

SuzyLucy Sat 13-Aug-16 09:36:13

Love it grin good for her.

AddToBasket Sat 13-Aug-16 14:46:36

She'll have got a standing ovation in chambers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now