Ryanair Announcement

(9 Posts)
practy Mon 01-Aug-16 15:21:16

Ryanair have announced that if you are travelling with a child 12 or under, you will automatically have to pay to reserve an adult seat next to them. This is to stop parents no booking seats, and then cabin crew having to move other customers around, so young children are not having to sit by themselves.

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 01-Aug-16 15:25:20

Sounds good to me. I would always do this anyway. It's a bloody pain when people just expect to take priority and for the rest of the world to fit in around them

FoxesOnSocks Mon 01-Aug-16 15:29:31

You have to?

Don't like that, I'm good with not sitting next to my older ones, and they are fine with not sitting next to me.

It'd be handy if you could book just a few seats in your party and allow free for all for the rest, but I don't think Ryan air do op that for a group do they? It's all or nothing, or at least it used to be; be a while since I actually flew.

Arfarfanarf Mon 01-Aug-16 15:31:00

Fair enough. They are the one that builds their price block by block arent they?

They can set their charges as they like.

If it's still cheaper than the alternatives then people will buy, if they can get a better deal elsewhere they have that option.

practy Mon 01-Aug-16 15:39:51

If all airlines did this, AIBU would have less threads.

LurkingHusband Mon 01-Aug-16 17:07:37

If all airlines did this, AIBU would have less threads.

Have you seen the thread on chat about this announcement ?

SavoyCabbage Mon 01-Aug-16 17:11:32

THE thread! I'm sure there are a fair few already. grin

FoxesOnSocks Mon 01-Aug-16 17:14:22

Ok just read that thread. If child reservation is free then I don't mind (details are a useful tool!!)

ProfessorPreciseaBug Tue 02-Aug-16 08:16:17

The customer has the choice..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now