Anyone else struggling with the juxtaposition of listening to Brendan Cox talk about his wife followed directly by the Ben Butler story?

(7 Posts)
Homemama Tue 21-Jun-16 18:38:11

Just that really. Just shed a little tear listening to the top story of Brendan Cox talking so eloquently about his wife and what an inspiration she was then straight into the second story of Ben Butler and his heinous crime. Such a dramastic contrast that it made me gasp. The best and worst of humanity presented to us in the space in 5minutes.

Homemama Tue 21-Jun-16 18:44:24

I think it just shocked me the jump from one straight into the other.

FarAwayHills Tue 21-Jun-16 19:49:35

I agree Homemama I also shed a tear watching the news tonight. It's all just so so sad.

jellymaker Tue 21-Jun-16 20:36:03

I have just finished reading the serious case review for Ellie that was published today. It makes for sobering reading. Both of them were inveterate liers. There is so much more to it than has been published and one of the saddest things was that her DGM who had raised Ellie until she was forced to give her back died the day that the trial started so she will not see justice for her DGD. I agree the juxtaposition with Brendan Cox is staggering.

Homemama Tue 21-Jun-16 21:24:21

Those poor GPs and that poor child. Brendan Cox had just finished talking to Laura K and I just thought; wow. Then suddenly Nicholas Owen launches straight into the other story. It just jarred so significantly.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Wed 22-Jun-16 07:11:23

By all accounts Butler was a bullying manipulative nasty bit of works

Mair was a loner with OCD scrubbing his hands with brillo.

dottypotter Wed 22-Jun-16 13:06:32

ben butler is vile scum and his partner, he should be put down for what he did if he was a dog he would be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now