So the Archbish of Canterbury is far more media savvy than D-Cams

(8 Posts)
FartyTette Tue 10-May-16 22:12:46

Am watching the news- Cringed when D-Cams spectacularly put his foot in his mouth by saying Nigeria and Afghanistan are "fantastically corrupt." It fell to Justin Welby to defend the Nigerian leader.

Now he may have a point- but surely he's been in this game long enough to notice the bloody great camera 3ft away (probably sporting one of those furry boom mics) , and the language he used just can across as so Posh-boy Bullingdon club. And the week before he hosts an anti corruption summit!

He was most unstatesman-like, and I was embarrassed and ashamed by him!

lem73 Tue 10-May-16 22:18:46

Yes I noticed that too. I'd love to know what the Queen was thinking. 63 years and never an inappropriate remark. This is not DC's first time being caught out. He is a twerp.

SocialDisaster Wed 11-May-16 01:37:47

Very odd that in one day the PM and Queen are both caught and the audio released having an international bitch fest.

FartyTette Wed 11-May-16 07:20:25

I agree social - quite a coincidence. It smacks of some sort of ulterior motive, but hard to see what that could possibly be. Even if was engineered, it was done in a spectacularly twuntish and clunking way.

cdtaylornats Wed 11-May-16 08:12:05

"unstatesman-like"

or honest

claig Wed 11-May-16 08:49:06

Katie Hopkins is more media savvy than D-Cams, and as for Juncker, he is leagues ahead of D-Cams, he ran rings around him in what was termed the "negotiation".

Pangurban1 Wed 11-May-16 11:09:31

You could see Welby's face stiffen in disbelief as Cameron just went on. It was like slow motion. He had to step in to save it from being an unmitigated incident by saying the new Nigerian leader was 'actually not corrupt'. He had been an anti-corruption candidate. Was he the only sober one there? It is a good thing he was there. Cameron may have have had a few drinkies.

And then Queenie saying how rude the Chinese had been to the Ambassador. That was't so bad really. I had to laugh at a report the Chinese were censoring the Queen's words.

Winterbiscuit Fri 13-May-16 16:31:18

Or maybe he's just a nicer person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now