Government leaflet for the EU

(23 Posts)
ProfessorPreciseaBug Thu 14-Apr-16 22:14:37

Have you had yours yet?
Will you read it?

Or will you send it back unopened... ?

RortyCrankle Fri 15-Apr-16 10:07:26

Received mine - 'read' it (mostly photographs) and have ripped it into several pages, each sent in a jiffy bag, to DC's constituency office, in Witney, the Conservative Head Office in London and Downing Street, without stamps.

It has not changed my opinion and I still plan to vote Out.

GollyGoshGreat Fri 15-Apr-16 10:11:48

I'm pleased the govt has done this. Money well spent to educate people on what we will lose.

Staying in means a better future than out.

ABetaDad1 Fri 15-Apr-16 10:17:42

The leaflet is very large and very glossy with very little inside it.

The main message that the UK has secured important opt outs after David Cameron's negotiation attempt is absolute tosh.

It really does not give the 'facts' whch is what voters all say they want so they can make an informed decision. The leaflet really does not do that. It reads like a full on party political leaflet. It doesn't give both sides of the debate.

It took me about 2 inutes to read and is a massive waste of public money.

RortyCrankle Fri 15-Apr-16 13:47:03

There seems to be a bit missing in your post GollyGoshGreat, did you not mean to add 'in my opinion' to your last sentence?

9m paid to a German company on propaganda which will have zero effect on people's opinions. I'm pleased you felt educated by reading the document, it did nothing for me but reinforce what we will gain when we leave the EU.

howtorebuild Fri 15-Apr-16 13:48:45

Yes, it's pages are glued together so it's unreadable. I want a refund from the printers.

0phelia Fri 15-Apr-16 13:58:37

We got ours a few days ago! Massive pile of Shiite. The whole of it.

I was interested in how both sides have been officially granted £7m to promote their cause, but Dodgy Dave has allocated another £9m to the STAY camp.

You can tell already because the STAY leaflet was so shiny and pretty with so many pages. The LEAVE one we got was only one page and looked quite rubbish in it's layout.

An unbiased campaign? Fuck off!

I am despairing though because the powers that be so clearly need the UK to Stay, so the majority are certainly going to vote that way at this rate.

PortiaCastis Fri 15-Apr-16 14:21:29

I sent mine back. I don't like propaganda and I am looking into the pros and cons myself before making a decision how to vote.

ABetaDad1 Fri 15-Apr-16 14:22:08

The leaflet was addressed to my DW. Not that I am bothered but she wondered whether it was deliberate to target the leaflet at women in each household?

Has anybody had one that was addressed to their male DH/DP?

CaptainAnkles Fri 15-Apr-16 14:25:02

Mine went in the recycling. I would rather make up my own mind. I am more in favour of remaining, although I resent being on the same side as the government. I hope they don't think it means people approve of them if we vote to stay.

GollyGoshGreat Fri 15-Apr-16 14:46:16

Not paid to a German company. Paid to a Uk printer that happens to be owned by a German parent company.

GollyGoshGreat Fri 15-Apr-16 14:48:38

And, no I wasn't missing 'in my opinion'. The EU needs fixing but we're better in and having a voice and hand to do that, than being out but still being affected by its decisions.

Leaving is cutting our nose off to spite our faces.

0phelia Fri 15-Apr-16 14:51:39

Staying is kowtowing to the people who want to own our noses and spite our faces.

BlackMarigold Fri 15-Apr-16 14:58:39

How can we accept anything the leaflet says? There are no facts only propaganda/opinions. I was hoping for details and evidence to back all the statements up.

RortyCrankle Fri 15-Apr-16 15:47:50

I can only reiterate - in your opinion - not in mine nor those who will be voting Out of the EU in June.

So the German parent company takes none of the profits from the printers? Really?

GollyGoshGreat Fri 15-Apr-16 16:07:14

It's like saying any company that has overseas shareholders shouldn't be given contracts! The German parent company is irrelevant; a UK printer, employing UK workforce got has the the print contract.

glenthebattleostrich Fri 15-Apr-16 16:18:49

I read it.

Basically, it's really scary in the world. Britain is to shit to survive on its own. Big dave got nasty Eu to give us loads of concessions (a lie by way).

I was more interested in what it didn't discuss properly.

Timeforabiscuit Fri 15-Apr-16 16:28:06

I got mine, read it, now seriously considering whether to use the EU referendum as a protest vote.

It seems everyone is simply voicing the fear factor, even pro EU positions aren't effusive in their support.

Also suspicious of farming union keeping a low profile. All smacks to much of orchestration.

ProfessorPreciseaBug Sat 16-Apr-16 07:10:01

We are the fifth largest economy in the world...

It does seem strange the fifth economy in the world can only survive if we are part of a political union.

I will send mine back to the conservative party headquarters... It is not the taxpayers fault the PM is wasting public money and I don't think the taxpayer should have to pick up the bill.

bertsdinner Sat 16-Apr-16 11:52:00

Got mine, didnt read it, went straight in the recyling bin.
Ive made up my mind how I will vote and I'm not interested in what the govt has to say. Ive read enough hysteria on both sides to last me a lifetime.

Daisyonthegreen Fri 29-Apr-16 21:22:16

Sent my back registered post so no one could ever say they received none back!

Regards the EU referendum.........

Definitely with no doubt whatsoever LEAVE.

I did start a Thread " In out shake it all about,the EU what to vote.
The Thread is full but still accessible.

I posted loads of information and my views.

Feel free to have a look.

Plus I was invited to start another Thread entitled "The EU Referendum is nearly upon us .....23 rd of June.

There also I put my case backed by many newspaper articles ranging from the Daily Mail through to The Shetland Times to the Guardian.Plus the Business case to leave The Economic case to leave etcetera, etcetera,loads of information.

Articles by women who wish to leave.Such as Suzanne Moore writing in the Guardian and Priti Patel the Minister of State for employment and Cabinet Minister.

As a mum and along with my husband who is an Economist we are very very happy to vote Leave.

I have contributed extensively to these Threads and therefore will not be posting more.

Do please have a look at them.

I am in the happy position of total confidence in my choice to vote Leave along with my husband,family,pals and acquaintances.

Custardo Fri 29-Apr-16 21:34:28

oh I wished I had sent it back - its now back up loo paper

A4Document Fri 29-Apr-16 23:53:16

Their one-sided leaflet makes me even more sure that we should leave the EU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now