(6 Posts)
scarednoob Fri 29-Jan-16 19:05:29

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35443884

How could anyone take a toddler there?

scarednoob Fri 29-Jan-16 19:06:01

Link fail

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35443884

Chipstick10 Fri 29-Jan-16 22:23:11

I cannot understand why news reports keep trumping the line " police and authorities are concerned over how many are leaving to fight in Syria ". I'm not concerned. Let them go. Rip up their passports . Who cares.?

ProfessorPreciseaBug Sat 30-Jan-16 08:07:28

i am with Chipstick...
The problem is that we don't have any law to make it possible. Indeed the tax authorities are very keen to prvent people being able to change their country of domicile.

scarednoob Sat 30-Jan-16 08:53:04

I agree - if you want to live under sharia law, there are plenty of places other than syria. As for the risks of letting them back in - I don't really care if 99 are truly remorseful if 1 has come back with training and blows up a tube train. To me, it's not worth the risk.

But to take a tiny child to that hellhole of death... Surely that flies in the face of all maternal instinct and shows just how deeply the brainwashing goes? sad

UnGoogleable Sat 30-Jan-16 14:02:31

I don't think anyone going there thinks it will be a hellhole of death though, I think there is plenty of propaganda in the media to suggest it's like that, but there will be plenty of other propaganda to tempt young people over there.

She tweeted jihadi slogans, then claimed she was forced to do so. She posted a picture of her child wearing a balaclava, then claimed it was because he 'liked hats'.

Then she claims she took a taxi to within a kilometre of the Turkish border, and 'ran across a field' and crossed a barbed wire fence (with a small child) while 3 ISIS fighters 'had their backs turned'.

Lots of this story does not ring true, but that was the bit that struck me. I call bullshit. And the jury obviously thought so too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now