Balcony Collapse in San Francisco - 5 dead, many injured

(10 Posts)
WhatchaMaCalllit Tue 16-Jun-15 14:52:46

www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33150308

A balcony has collapsed in Berkley California killing 5 Irish students and injuring many others. Some of the injured have sustained life threatening injuries.

My thoughts go out to the friends and families of those affected by this tragic event.

(I don't know if this has already been posted but I did a search and couldn't find anything. Apologies if it has been posted already).

SakuraSakura Tue 16-Jun-15 15:05:25

Absolutely tragic. Those poor kids and their families hmm. Sent a chill down my spine to read about it.

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 16-Jun-15 15:43:13

So sad.

I did a J1 trip to America in the late 90's. Awful to think they won't be coming home to their families at the end of the summer.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 16-Jun-15 17:56:10

My sympathy to all affected.
How dreadful.

ilovesprouts Tue 16-Jun-15 18:17:30

my heart goes out to them all sad i was involved in a balcony collapse in feb 2013 wen i read it sent shivers down my spine absolutely terrible.

mkz10 Tue 16-Jun-15 18:49:29

So tragic, it's 6 dead now and others with life threatening injuries. They were celebrating a 21st birthday sad.

Gosh Ilovesprouts, that must be pretty traumatic to read about something like this. Balcony's, shaky lifts and temporary stadium /circus seats make me really nervous.

PHANTOMnamechanger Tue 16-Jun-15 20:13:52

there are no words are there, utterly horrendous, such a dreadful waste of all that potential. Youngsters enjoying life. Thoughts are with their families and friends.

jedishelly1 Wed 17-Jun-15 00:28:20

It's heartbreaking. Their names were released a few hours ago and we realised we know one of the guys. He played hockey on the same team as DH. So sad. He was training to be a doctor. Such a waste.

BettyCatKitten Wed 17-Jun-15 00:39:44

How tragic, young people with their lives ahead of them sad

ilovesprouts Wed 17-Jun-15 14:16:58

yesmkz10 still trying to recover now 2 years plus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now