Claudia Lawrence. Someone arrested

(26 Posts)
susiedaisy Tue 13-May-14 11:33:59

In the news a 59 year old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
I hope the poor family can finally have some closer!

I hope that this yields some much needed answers for her family.

Just heard this. Poor woman.

Lets hope that her family might get some answers, it must be horrific for them to just not know.

Indeed. Isn't it amazing that they have recovered fingerprints from her house in a way that wasn't invented in 2009?

So pleased to hear this, this morning. The heartache her family have been going through for the past 5 years must be beyond imaginable.

noddyholder Tue 13-May-14 14:26:54

Her poor dad has always looked distraught sad

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Tue 13-May-14 14:47:21

I hope her family can finally get some answers; I can't imagine how awful the last five years must have been for them.

Yy I hope her family get some answers. It must be a living hell not knowing.

juneau Tue 13-May-14 16:08:57

I was so happy to see this. Her poor family have been through hell with her disappearance and then all the awful things that were said about her afterwards. I do hope the police have got the right guy.

susiedaisy Tue 13-May-14 17:27:08

Apparently the police are searching a house!

emotionsecho Tue 13-May-14 17:37:20

I really hope this provides some conclusion to this dreadful case for her family. The distraught face of her father from the early broadcasts when she went missing haunts me.

Agree juneau about the awful things said about her, her poor family going through all the pain and confusion to then have their daughter's reputation torn apart, just vile.

I too hope this can bring some answers for her family. I always really felt for her dad. He was so upset. This has been on our local news a lot over the last 5 years. I've always wondered what happened so how it must have been for the family I can't imagine.

hixchix Tue 13-May-14 21:01:20

Theyve shown his face, name and job etc in the media, im not sure how i feel about that I remember the Chris Jeffries thing....

EffectiveCommunication Tue 13-May-14 21:07:38

I was thinking of the guy arrested over MM, Chris jefferies and the chap who tried to help that toddler last week. I hope people reserve judgement before invading this man's life.

hixchix Tue 13-May-14 21:18:24

Chris jeffries was the landlord of joanna yates who was murdered and they plastered him all over the media and he was completely innocent.
I read they are searching his garden.
WIth cases like this, i always wonder how a person could go around doing their normal day to day thing knowing theyve done that to someone.

hixchix Tue 13-May-14 21:19:30

Sorry Pp i misread your post.
It must be hell just not knowing anything.

hixchix Tue 13-May-14 21:19:58

Whats MM?

EffectiveCommunication Tue 13-May-14 21:28:53
Jumblebee Tue 13-May-14 21:34:39

They were searching a house a few streets away from me confused I hope that finally the family have some answers

cheekygeeky Tue 13-May-14 22:38:11

I've never forgotten Claudia. I used to live in York. I really hope they find out what happened and I wish the media would back off and leave the investigation alone for now.

YouAreCompletelyRight Wed 14-May-14 14:07:41

I hope this is a positive lead. Her mum seemed so lovely on the news last night, I hope she gets answers.

hixchix Wed 14-May-14 18:15:28

He is being released on bail.... does that mean they cant charge him.
Awful for the guy if completely innocent, having his house searched again, garden patio riped up and his face all over the media.

EffectiveCommunication Wed 14-May-14 18:21:29

I don't know Hixchix, he as well as her family need answers now, not good any of them living like this.

BarbarianMum Thu 15-May-14 13:22:26

Yes, in some ways Chris Jeffries was lucky. If they'd never found the real killer he'd have spent his life condemned by public opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now