Max Clifford has been found guilty...

(85 Posts)
TensionWheelsCoolHeels Mon 28-Apr-14 14:13:08

Not sure of full details - will link in a mo.

member Mon 28-Apr-14 14:15:33

Max Clifford found guilty of eight counts of indecent assault, cleared of two & jury unable to reach a verdict on one other

member Mon 28-Apr-14 14:16:10

Sorry, tweeted by Channel 4 News

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Mon 28-Apr-14 14:16:41
BorisJohnsonsHairdresser Mon 28-Apr-14 14:20:36

So he had a Dr look at his the size of his erected willy for nothing then.

morethanpotatoprints Mon 28-Apr-14 14:40:50

May he rot in hell.
Terrible awful thing to do.
I know he won't get it but imo people who do this should get life.

Handsup Mon 28-Apr-14 15:00:13

Is this the 'norm' procedure wise to receive bail for a few days before recieving a custodial sentence for child sexual abuse?

BorisJohnsonsHairdresser Mon 28-Apr-14 15:05:50

Maybe he has to catch up with the likes of Simon Cowell, and I am sure he has a child with SEN, maybe he has to sort things out for all of that?

BorisJohnsonsHairdresser Mon 28-Apr-14 15:09:47

How would you feel now, if you were his friend and turned up to court to support him?

Fullpleatherjacket Mon 28-Apr-14 15:11:57

Good

Fullpleatherjacket Mon 28-Apr-14 15:12:47

Erk.

That's in response to the news, not in answer to Boris's question.

It does seem odd he's out on bail despite being convicted, handsup. Wonder whether 'ordinary' non-celeb defendants get bail between conviction and sentence?

If I were his friend, I'd feel sick, btw.

Handsup Mon 28-Apr-14 15:23:36

How would you feel now, if you were his friend and turned up to court to support him?
Precisely what I thought of Pauline Quirke.

JessicaMary Mon 28-Apr-14 15:24:07

He is the tip of an iceberg (although I wouldn't call it child sexual abuse as someone does above - there is a massive difference between having intercourse with a 5 year old and a girl beyond puberty - I am not excusing his conduct however and he certainly abused his position of power over these women and girls).

TinklyLittleLaugh Mon 28-Apr-14 15:36:07

Wow, I am actually quite surprised by this; I would have thought that if anyone had the power and contacts to get away with it, it would be him. Let's hope he brings some of the other bastards down with him.

PansBigChainring Mon 28-Apr-14 15:37:46

Yes, lots do get bail IF the court have no reason to believe they will abscond - an opportunity to 'make arrangements' esp if the sentence is going to be a long one. Surprised there is no talk of an appeal.
Friends will likely remain in denial too.

BorisJohnsonsHairdresser Mon 28-Apr-14 15:40:48

Lets hope his friends who are in denial, have the grace to keep it to themselves then.

Handsup Mon 28-Apr-14 15:48:51

JessicaMary - after reading the testimony of the woman who claimed at the age of 12 she was assaulted by Clifford in a Jacuzzi in Spain, I'm thinking child abuse is the appropriate term to use.

Thanks, Pans, that's reassuring.

MamaMary Mon 28-Apr-14 16:41:30

Wonder how Kerry Katona feels now - she named her son Max after him.

clam Mon 28-Apr-14 17:46:15

Well, to be fair, Kerry Katona is hardly known for her judgement with men, is she?

JessicaMary Mon 28-Apr-14 18:10:59

Ah, didn't know there was one who was only 12.
Anyway I'm glad he's been found guilty.

I wonder what else is going to come out of the woodwork now... and who is feeling nervous tonight?

PansBigChainring Mon 28-Apr-14 21:55:17

It was always going to be a long term exercise, wasn't it? Well defended individuals are always going to produce challenges for the CPS.

LineRunner Mon 28-Apr-14 22:22:44

The first Yewtree conviction, apparently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now