Is there a thread about the South Korean ferry?

(13 Posts)

179 rescued, about 300 missing, feared dead. sad
Cause not yet clear.

Llareggub Thu 17-Apr-14 07:59:53

There's a real lack of coverage across the news sites I've been on. A friend of mine is out there and he posted about it on Wednesday in Facebook. I was expecting far more in the news on such an awful tragedy.

Sparklingbrook Thu 17-Apr-14 08:01:17

I saw the news coverage last night. A school trip. Heartbreaking for those parents.

Sparklingbrook Thu 17-Apr-14 08:02:56

I read about it yesterday. sad

tribpot Thu 17-Apr-14 08:24:17

It's the top story on the Beeb website, what a horrendous tragedy. The ship was less than half full, which is no comfort to the bereaved but appalling to think it could have been even worse.

With so much of the ship below water I assume hope for survivors is minimal. All thoughts and sympathies to the families of those who are missing or dead.

Ledkr Thu 17-Apr-14 08:32:27

I can hardly bear to think about it, so tragic.

TheDietStartsTomorrow Thu 17-Apr-14 09:13:17

Very upsetting news. Especially as they're mostly children. Cannot even begin to imagine the pain of the parents waiting for news. I couldn't sleep for ages last night after watching the news.

therealeasterbunny Thu 17-Apr-14 19:41:20

This is heartbreaking. Those poor children. Hearing some of the text messages they sent their parents was just so so sad. Why on earth were they told to stay put and not attempt to make their way to the deck at least? So so tragic sad

susiedaisy Fri 18-Apr-14 07:32:10

Can't stop thinking about it. So so sadhmm

therealeasterbunny Fri 18-Apr-14 09:41:42

Me too susie, it's absolutely horrific.

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 18-Apr-14 09:43:19

I even said a little prayer yesterday.

One of those, if there is a God ones.

I well up just to think of those poor kids.

been away for a few days so am just reading the details. So sad and shocking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now