Missing Malaysian Airlines MH-370 - Thread 6

(734 Posts)
member Thu 27-Mar-14 09:31:02
YonicScrewdriver Sat 11-Oct-14 19:17:00

They aren't looking for surface wreckage now, meglet - just under the sea. It's a huge huge search area. Like looking for a dead moth in a field of wheat, when the wind can blow the moth around.

meglet Sat 11-Oct-14 19:13:46

The lack of wreckage still makes me think something fishy is going on. Surely, after 6 months something would be spotted confused.

claig Sat 11-Oct-14 19:08:53

'MH370 was under control, probably until the very end': Emirates CEO Sir Tim Clark reveals doubts over official view of missing airliner's fate
Sir Tim Clark questions current thinking about the fate of flight MH370
Sir Tim said if the jet crashed into the ocean then wreckage would be found
He said the somebody took control of the aircraft before it vanished
He said: 'My own view is that probably control was taken of that airplane. It's anybody's guess who did what. We need to know who was on the plane in the detail that obviously some people do know. We need to know what was in the hold of the aircraft. And we need to continue to press all those who were involved in the analysis of what happened for more information.

'I do not subscribe to the view that the Boeing 777, which is one of the most advanced in the world and has the most advanced communication platforms, needs to be improved with the introduction of some kind of additional tracking system. MH 370 should never have been allowed to enter a non-trackable situation.'

Sir Tim said it would be unlikely that the aircraft's pilots would have been able to disable all the jet's tracking equipment."

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2788599/mh370-control-probably-end-emirates-ceo-sir-tim-clark-reveals-doubts-official-view-missing-airliner-s-fate.html

AnyaKnowIt Sun 06-Jul-14 22:10:42
whoneedstosleep Thu 26-Jun-14 13:24:55

I've just read that Anya. So it was set to auto pilot on an unknown route.
It is just bizarre now, and no more closure for those poor families.

AnyaKnowIt Thu 26-Jun-14 11:15:32

Sky news are saying that the plane was on auto pilot

AnyaKnowIt Wed 18-Jun-14 16:40:08

Just watching it on iplayer now

member Wed 18-Jun-14 13:29:21

Anyone see the Horizon Programme last night?

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b047czkj/horizon-20132014-11-where-is-flight-mh370

Didn't realise it was on/football dominating this household at the moment but Horizon had good access to Inmarsat apparently.

JKSLtd Fri 13-Jun-14 13:42:51

The thought went through my head, was this is further 'test' of cyber attacking air traffic control?
Or have I spent too much time on conspiracy threads?

AnyaKnowIt Fri 13-Jun-14 11:45:07

[shocked]

AnnabelleDarling Fri 13-Jun-14 11:07:22

Look at this. Several planes which disappeared from radar for a period of time. A cyber attack? Wasn't that one of the early theories for MH370?

JaneParker Wed 11-Jun-14 09:13:47

There was a lady who says she saw it, wasn't there (when it was on fire and she was on another plane) and that was not in the area they were searching but North. That always sounded likely to me.

AKeyFox Wed 11-Jun-14 00:19:35
DieselSpillages Sun 08-Jun-14 21:01:30

I was glad to hear that the families are raising money to pay for more info. They must be desperate to understand what happened. Someone Knows where that plane went and I'm sure it's not anywhere near the Southern Ocean. Perrhaps this will persuade them to talk.

AnyaKnowIt Sun 08-Jun-14 11:19:02

The families are trying to raise money to reward any whistle blowers

BillnTedsMostFeministAdventure Thu 29-May-14 15:18:24

It's the top "world news" story on the bbc news app now,

AKeyFox Thu 29-May-14 15:17:23

Radio 4 news, that is ^.

AKeyFox Thu 29-May-14 15:15:42

I hope the whole pinger situation now gets clarified.

A couple of things from member's link:

They insisted that the signals were in the wrong frequency and detected too far apart to be from the boxes.

�As soon as I saw the frequency and the distance between the pings I knew it couldn�t be the aircraft pinger,� one scientist said.

I'd queried this upthread.
People should have been on top of this within hours, at worst a couple of days.
It's completely insane that only weeks on is such a basic mistake "uncovered".

The JACC has refused a request to release recordings of the signals for independent analysis and it did not release the exact location or precise depth of the signals.

1. Yeah, and now we know why: independent analysis would have refuted the claims.

2. Why weren't the media onto this ? Why hasn't the JACC refusal significant news at the time of the refusal ? There was a crystal clear problem with the frequency difference of the detected and expected signal.

And the other thing is none of this was on the 1 o'clock news today either.

BillnTedsMostFeministAdventure Thu 29-May-14 14:38:56

Ok, so it's a deduction from the lack of results of the search.

Wow.

August may be weather related or it may be to give time to further analyse the Inmarsat data which is now the only guide to the search area, if more can be deduced about speed etc.

AnyaKnowIt Thu 29-May-14 14:02:05

Why August?

God knows what the families are gong through

member Thu 29-May-14 13:33:22
BillnTedsMostFeministAdventure Thu 29-May-14 08:44:36

Oh no, that's really sad.

AnyaKnowIt Thu 29-May-14 08:41:02

Yep everyone in agreement that the pings came from a search boat

ZacEfronsLeftBicep Thu 29-May-14 08:26:41

Have you seen on the news today? So now they are completely ruling out that area of the Indian Ocean as the plane's final resting place and they think the pings they thought were from the black box, were actually from something else (possibly one of the search boats).

So back to square one then confused

Pennies Tue 27-May-14 14:17:25

I can't understand what any of it means. Can you interpret any of it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now