Missing Malaysian Airlines MH-370 - Thread 6

(734 Posts)
member Thu 27-Mar-14 09:31:02
JKSLtd Fri 13-Jun-14 13:42:51

The thought went through my head, was this is further 'test' of cyber attacking air traffic control?
Or have I spent too much time on conspiracy threads?

member Wed 18-Jun-14 13:29:21

Anyone see the Horizon Programme last night?

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b047czkj/horizon-20132014-11-where-is-flight-mh370

Didn't realise it was on/football dominating this household at the moment but Horizon had good access to Inmarsat apparently.

AnyaKnowIt Wed 18-Jun-14 16:40:08

Just watching it on iplayer now

AnyaKnowIt Thu 26-Jun-14 11:15:32

Sky news are saying that the plane was on auto pilot

whoneedstosleep Thu 26-Jun-14 13:24:55

I've just read that Anya. So it was set to auto pilot on an unknown route.
It is just bizarre now, and no more closure for those poor families.

AnyaKnowIt Sun 06-Jul-14 22:10:42
claig Sat 11-Oct-14 19:08:53

'MH370 was under control, probably until the very end': Emirates CEO Sir Tim Clark reveals doubts over official view of missing airliner's fate
Sir Tim Clark questions current thinking about the fate of flight MH370
Sir Tim said if the jet crashed into the ocean then wreckage would be found
He said the somebody took control of the aircraft before it vanished
He said: 'My own view is that probably control was taken of that airplane. It's anybody's guess who did what. We need to know who was on the plane in the detail that obviously some people do know. We need to know what was in the hold of the aircraft. And we need to continue to press all those who were involved in the analysis of what happened for more information.

'I do not subscribe to the view that the Boeing 777, which is one of the most advanced in the world and has the most advanced communication platforms, needs to be improved with the introduction of some kind of additional tracking system. MH 370 should never have been allowed to enter a non-trackable situation.'

Sir Tim said it would be unlikely that the aircraft's pilots would have been able to disable all the jet's tracking equipment."

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2788599/mh370-control-probably-end-emirates-ceo-sir-tim-clark-reveals-doubts-official-view-missing-airliner-s-fate.html

meglet Sat 11-Oct-14 19:13:46

The lack of wreckage still makes me think something fishy is going on. Surely, after 6 months something would be spotted confused.

YonicScrewdriver Sat 11-Oct-14 19:17:00

They aren't looking for surface wreckage now, meglet - just under the sea. It's a huge huge search area. Like looking for a dead moth in a field of wheat, when the wind can blow the moth around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now