Missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 - Thread 5

(976 Posts)
KenAdams Fri 21-Mar-14 01:20:02
DowntonTrout Thu 27-Mar-14 08:37:00

backinthebox

You may not want to hazard a guess but you must have a gut feeling. I understand you don't want to speculate but is there an obvious answer with the few facts available? I'm thinking particularly of the phrase "deliberate act". Was the "deliberate" part the cause or a reaction to something?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 27-Mar-14 08:42:03

Backinthebox, good to see you on the thread.

tramples on teeny girl crush

Pprune did tend to remind me of arrse when I was reading it, perhaps that was why?. grin

DowntonTrout Thu 27-Mar-14 08:42:34

I probably didn't put that very well.

Deliberate act to purposefully cause the plane to crash or the action of flying the plane erratically was deliberate which may have been actions as a result of something else going on?

LoopyDoopyDoo Thu 27-Mar-14 09:05:42

"LoopyDoopyDoo - excellent name choice! Your post is quite bonkers."

Did you mean to be so rude? I stated quite clearly that it's not my theory nor my belief. I am quite offended by your dickish post.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 27-Mar-14 09:21:59

"fitting remote control systems to all aircraft was not one of them! "

Yes, that sounded pretty unlikely!

Loopy, I'm guessing that post on FB pages is followed up by a lot of sceptical comments as well??

Diesel, an NED who was appointed well after the analysis , which was a joint venture with Cranfield University and which was done in consultation with the AAIB, had begun, really wouldn't have had much if any influence on it. Plus the initial ping was released before his appointment.

member Thu 27-Mar-14 09:31:59

I've started a new thread here

PansBigChainring Thu 27-Mar-14 09:34:10

I'm sure most of us Loopy read wot you posted and inferred properly.

The least fantastical part seems to be the Snowden bit. Recognising that some authorities will know much more than they are admitting, it may well take a whistle blower in 5-25 years time to put their hand up and state what was actually known at the time. By that time the personnel involved will be long out of office.

fwiw I'm conventionally assuming that the plane is in the ocean and just wish some confirmation of that comes soon so as the relatives can be released from the purgatory of not knowing.

member Thu 27-Mar-14 09:37:32

I have also reported my previous post to ask if all the previous threads started in chat can be moved to In The News - is this the best way do you think?

DowntonTrout Thu 27-Mar-14 09:39:07

That's a sensible thing to do member, hope they move them.

Burmahere Thu 27-Mar-14 10:25:19

It's cyber not syber grrrr....

Right off to look at the new thread.

No press conference this morning.

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Mar-14 10:40:08

Hi all,

We've moved all of these threads to in the news for you.

As you were!

AchyFox Thu 27-Mar-14 11:28:29

Amy, just curious, ignore me if this too tech/boring!

Re move to News:
Since you've resolved the thread to thread linking by just redirecting from the _Chat page, will the linking still work after 90 days, or will they get eaten ?

GarlicMarchHare Thu 27-Mar-14 12:01:07

Hurrah! Thanks, MNQH smile

Off to see new thread.

BertieBotts Thu 27-Mar-14 13:57:55

Nope they will stay Achy smile I've seen threads moved before so that they will stay and they always have (that's what classics was invented for originally)

BertieBotts Thu 27-Mar-14 13:58:57

Oh I see what you mean... the links may be dead after the original 90 days. Still they're easy enough to find using advanced search.

TheArticFunky Thu 27-Mar-14 16:02:04

A BBC news alert just flashed up on my phone saying that a plane had crashed into the sea off the Canary Islands. 5 minutes later another alert flashes up saying it was a false alarm and a boat had been mistaken for a plane. Very odd to announce an unconfirmed report, I am sure there were lots of very concerned relatives for a moment there.

Bahhhhhumbug Thu 27-Mar-14 17:54:38

Artic OMG that's terrible. I would've been beside myself had I a loved one up in the air around this time especially as I am crap at geography and wouldn't have a clue if they were likely to be anywhere near there

FabBakerGirl Thu 27-Mar-14 21:33:57

I had that too, TheArticFunky, but didn't get a second alert saying false alarm. I was surprised it wasn't on the news at 6.

DieselSpillage Fri 28-Mar-14 06:14:32

it appears they have been looking in the wrong place... confused

RudyMentary Fri 28-Mar-14 06:53:49

FFS.

BoiledPiss Fri 28-Mar-14 08:56:45

Really Diesel?? Haven't seen the real news yet plus mn is a better source of info

LoopyDoopyDoo Fri 28-Mar-14 09:04:17

It was a tug boat in the end, mixed up sightings

nauticant Fri 28-Mar-14 09:08:37

If you look at a photo of the tugboat, it's actually not that difficult to understand why there was a mix-up:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26774885

Teabellie Sat 29-Mar-14 14:15:26

I've followed all five of these threads. With the announcement of this new search area, I'm left wondering what all those original satellite images were? The 24m long one? And all the rest... Are they just forgotten about now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now