Social supermarkets

(5 Posts)
Sirzy Mon 09-Dec-13 16:59:58

Great idea. I just hope though it doesn't become something people are embarrassed to use/feel there is a stigma attached to as that would undo what it is trying to do. Unfortunatly that will always be an issue for some I guess.

EdithWeston Mon 09-Dec-13 16:56:54

I saw an interview with one of the founders on SKY about this. If it goes well, they do hope to expand (following model of established versions in various places in Europe).

And apparently, if you live near there, are out when your Ocado delivery was due and there's no possible plan B for delivery, this is where your order will be taken.

BringBackBod Mon 09-Dec-13 16:47:04

I think this is a really good idea. Selling food cheaply which would otherwise end up in landfill.
There was a news article yesterday about the 6.5 million working poor (mainly childless adults) who are living below the poverty line. I would like to see these people helped by this brilliant idea too.

RedLondonBus Mon 09-Dec-13 13:49:06

Bump

RedLondonBus Mon 09-Dec-13 09:10:33

Just saw this on the news. Looks great for those living nearby. Wonder if we will all have them soon,would be useful

www.theguardian.com/society/2013/dec/09/goldthorpe-social-supermarket-community-shop-food-poverty

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now