"Are rescue dogs risky?" on the Wright stuff

(28 Posts)
giraffesCantGoGuising Wed 06-Nov-13 10:44:34

From the story of the poor little girl killed by her pet dog. Very very sad.

I always thought rescue dogs were very very well checked and approved with different families on the basis of their needs. I am not sure if it was a charity that re homed the dog in the story though? So I hope there is not a general backlash against general reputable rescue dog charities.

jamtoast12 Wed 06-Nov-13 20:04:16

I honestly can't understand the logic of some people - As harsh as it sounds, i cant help but judge the family. there are far too many of these stories and nothing improves because people still have that attitude that it wouldnt happen with my dog! Another life lost and everyone else from the dog to the rescue centre or whatever gets the blame.

There are various photos in the media. One of a white dog and one of a huge brown dog ..either of which should not really be in a flat or left around such a little girl alone. Every few months there are similar stories. I really wish they'd bring in some laws to protect children as this is totally irresponsible. What's happened is totally awful for the family but sadly preventable. I just hope one day dog owners with children take more notice.

phantomnamechanger Wed 06-Nov-13 20:49:19

What's happened is totally awful for the family but sadly preventable.

^ This sums it up really
sad - it's like when toddlers drown in their own bath/paddling pool /pond because no one was watching them for a minute or 2 - that's all it takes!

ChazDingle Wed 06-Nov-13 21:49:58

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now