Pussy Riot prisoner gone missing

(11 Posts)
Jaynebxl Sun 03-Nov-13 19:38:28

Just read it on the BBC website. Anyone heard anything about this? Doesn't sound good.

Hassled Sun 03-Nov-13 19:40:32

It sounds bloody terrifying. Huffington Post link here - the husband must be beside himself.

FunnyFadge Sun 03-Nov-13 19:44:53

shock This doesn't sound good at all sad I hope this is some kind of admin fuck up and they are able to find her healthy in another prison

On my phone so can't link.

The thought that she's missing is chilling.

Meglet Sun 03-Nov-13 19:59:13

I just saw it too sad.

Jaynebxl Sun 03-Nov-13 20:01:14

I hope it is just some mistake... she is so high profile internationally surely she wouldn't have been "got rid of"?

Meglet Sun 03-Nov-13 20:33:31

And they've got the Winter Olympics in 3 months.

I hope this is a blip and she appears any day now, but from what I read about Russia nothing would surprise me.

Jellykat Sun 03-Nov-13 20:53:00

Oh no! shock

I'd been wondering what had happened to them, after hearing that supporters of imprisoned Greenpeace protesters held a vigil outside the Russian embassy.

I agree, a high profile case, but why hasn't this been picked up by the mainstream media? sad

NiceTabard Sun 03-Nov-13 22:59:30

There was a documentary /prog about them the other day, they are really really brave women.

I hope she is OK but situation in Russia is terrible and I can't believe they are holding the olympics there.

AchyFox Tue 05-Nov-13 13:50:31

Yikes.

The conditions sound atrocious and it's clear her reports of the prison conditions have discomfitted the authorities.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just put her in solitary confinement from now on, just to prevent her reporting further.

edam Wed 06-Nov-13 16:58:09

Alarming - her husband must be beside himself. Let's hope she is safe and they relent soon and tell him where she is.

Jellykat, the first post was about the story on the Beeb. You can't get more mainstream media than that. They covered the story four days ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now