DNA tests to be carried out on young man in Ben Needham case

(10 Posts)
ICameOnTheJitney Sun 27-Oct-13 10:55:37

Daily Fail Link

Sorry about the Daily Mail link but there you go...someone else started a thread today but was dismissed as the story was "old" or somesuch...I can't find that thread now...

oh I really hope it is. his poor mother.

AngelsLieToKeepControl Sun 27-Oct-13 11:08:24

I saw this earlier too.

I hope they manage to track the man down, but I can't help wondering what they would do if he refused a dna test. It would be unimaginable to have lived the past 20 odd years with a (probably) loving family then have the police show up and tell you that they may have kidnapped you and demand dna.

A really difficult situation all round.

ICameOnTheJitney Sun 27-Oct-13 11:26:24

Very weird if it is...I mean he's a man now....and one who will speak in another language...but if it were him, she would be SO comforted that he is alive.

ICameOnTheJitney Sun 27-Oct-13 11:31:40

I just looked on the official site for Ben and they've updated saying that yes, the Greek police are investigating but they recieve MANY notifications of apparent sightings of Ben and most especially when he is in the news anyway...so not to get too excited as this has happened before. They say they don't always comment as they've been dissapointed too often.

AngelsLieToKeepControl Sun 27-Oct-13 11:31:46

Over the years she must have been over every possible scenario there is, so I would expect that she is as prepared as she can be.

I really hope she is getting some additional support just now, it must be so difficult for her to not get her hopes up.

How amazing would it be if it is Ben though. It would be a miracle in the truest sense of the word.

TheRealAmandaClarke Wed 06-Nov-13 07:07:46

Is there an update on this?

TallulahBetty Wed 06-Nov-13 07:09:07

Yeah, it wasn't him sad

Littlefish Wed 06-Nov-13 07:09:43

I'm pretty such I read that it was proved that it was NOT Ben Needham. There are other threads with more details.

TheRealAmandaClarke Wed 06-Nov-13 07:21:56

sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now