Plebgate

(105 Posts)
Mim78 Mon 21-Oct-13 19:49:43

Unbelievable story.

Did anyone not think the officers were telling the truth at the time? Even though we know police officers do lie it sounded so believable. Just the kind of thing we imagine a Tory mp would say. Now it appears they were lying about key things and so probably this as well

What are people's views?

Isitmebut Sun 01-Jun-14 00:28:30

"Good reason" for the police to bring down ANY government minister or ANY government, are you serious??????

Nothing to do with the Coalition telling them to reform to reduce unsustainable spending in a 'more for less mantra to reduce a £157 billion annual budget deficit that was left to them i.e. higher paid police doing too many admin jobs and getting more than what was it, 10% out on the beat at any one time.

The Public Sector never understood pre 2010 spending was unsustainable and whoever was in government would had to have trimmed Public Sector costs, that should have been trimmed from 2008 when increasing Private Sector unemployment resulted in less taxes to pay for it, hence the budget deficit.
www.economicshelp.org/blog/5509/economics/government-spending-under-labour/

BexleyFemale777 Sat 31-May-14 12:00:12

I totally agree with you Wanderings. Indeed vulnerable members of society have no one to help them when they have been the victim of Police corruption.

I have 'concrete' evidence that Police Officers at Bexleyheath Police Station have 'Pererted The Course Of Justice' several times since 2002 and got away with it.

I also have evidence that it was confirmed in Bexley Magistrate Court by Solcitors in 2010 that Bexleyheath Police Officers lied in both Magistrate and Crown Court since 2002 for an owner of an Estate Agents who is a sexual abuser of very vulnerable single female tenants. He is also a Insurance fraud, yet he has 'never been charged with anything.'

It seems Bexleyheath Police are very quick to arrest, charge and convict anyone who had the courage to speak/or write publicly about the Estate Agent owner. However they never investigate the lies and corruption of the Estate Agent Owner or corruption of their own Police Officers.

It really does seem that when you are poor, without equity or status the Police can do anything unprofessional to you and get away with it time and time again.

It has been proved in a Court of Law that what I am saying is true, and yet the DPP think because it has been said it court as being true that that it has been dealt with.

If anything, the very fact it has been confirmed in court and not denied by the Police or the CPS surely the BexleyHeath Police Officers and the Estate Agent should be investigated and charged.

But!!! as Wandering has said 'no one' listens to vulnerable people when there has been a serious injustice by corrupt Police towards them.

Maybe the Borough Commander of Bexleyheath would like a one to one with me and see what he has to say?

I am fully aware that many of Bexleyheath Police Officers are honourable decent officers......so please accept the fact I am not judging all Bexleyheath Police Officers.

wanderings Fri 14-Mar-14 08:16:59

Let's say it was a deliberate conspiracy to bring down Andrew Mitchell.

The question is... why?

They must have had a reason for wanting to bring Andrew Mitchell down.

BexleyFemale777 Wed 12-Mar-14 21:25:13

Sadly there are corrupt Police Officers in every station and equally there are wonderful decent officers too who do a great job, so I am not knocking every Police Officer.

However I personally know that Bexleyheath have many corrupt officers and equally so does Plumstead. Many of their officers want promotion and they will do anything to get a tick on their work sheet to help them get promotion.

I have concrete evidence of Police corruption, but no matter how much I have given police the evidence they just ignore me. My evidence was confirmed in a court of law in 2010, but still nothing was/is done.

The IPCC are not actually independent ( that seems to be a sad fact of life) and believe everything a police officer says. It is clear from published Freedom Of Information statistics that Bexleyheath Police rarely ever have a complaint against them upheld.

I have a CPS document that clearly states that CPS will prosecute a person for a crime even when the CPS themselves write that there is 'no direct evidence'. However charges are brought purely because the defendant may have previous convictions.

However when you have money and status you can fight for justice, or are lucky enough to have strong support. ( As in the PLEB case we all know about). But the vast majority of people, especially vulnerable members of society have no one to help or to listen.

limitedperiodonly Tue 05-Nov-13 17:06:12

I don't see the big sin in referring to Theresa May as 'that/this woman'.

If you're opposed to someone, you tend not to refer to them in glowing terms.

So what? Theresa May is a big girl.

That's about as much rope as I'm going to give them grin

deepfriedsage Tue 05-Nov-13 16:53:50

His employers look as bent as him now. He is a disgrace just like the one who pushed and killed the harmless paper guy.

limitedperiodonly Tue 05-Nov-13 15:32:18

Yep. The second one lying about his disciplinary record and then having it dragged out of him was painful.

The CCTV footage went missing, did it? And you pushed someone in the back off-duty and they cut their lip, did they? His gesture suggested that the person was holding a glass, btw.

And you just received 'advice' over that, did you? So you didn't think it counted when asked about your disciplinary record?

He lied about Mitchell and there was apparently no case to answer there either.

It wasn't just the two issues where he received 'advice' either. It was the other two or three incidents that were resolved in some way. What way?

West Mercia obviously don't give a shit what their officers do.

And the bit where the other MP, not Vaz, asked if he understood everything now, and he still weaselled out of it. I can't remember his words - it was something like 'to the best of my knowledge' which certainly looked like he was still hiding stuff and will insist it was a mistake if it comes to light.

Chipstick10 Tue 05-Nov-13 15:14:58

The pair of them are totally bent IMO.

limitedperiodonly Tue 05-Nov-13 14:31:26

Two of the Police Federation reps who lied about their meeting with Andrew Mitchell are going back before the committee for another roasting grin

It's on Sky in about 15 minutes if anyone's reading this and is interested in watching.

Ministrone Thu 31-Oct-13 14:37:53

Well let's be honest about our \

FlaseFuckerSpider Sun 27-Oct-13 11:33:45

I agree Caruthers they have far too much power, the public are putting far too much trust in these people.

caruthers Sun 27-Oct-13 11:21:20

If the Police can fabricate against someone with this sort of power,their powers need curtailing.

cory Sat 26-Oct-13 18:55:08

Me too, Mim78.

Mim78 Fri 25-Oct-13 13:30:57

I think I feel bad because I believed it totally! Totally fell into the "this is what a Tory MP would say" trap.

trice Fri 25-Oct-13 11:55:46

What I have learned is to always record any meetings with the police. Scary.

Backonthefence Fri 25-Oct-13 11:52:22

Might and it missing from my above post my excuse is the iPhone.

Backonthefence Fri 25-Oct-13 11:48:50

I have never really trusted the police some negative experiences with them in the past and in many parts police are regarded with suspicion always. This situation doesn't really surprise me. At least it has brought open their potential for dishonesty to a 'big fish' that they actually do something about rather than cover up and close ranks as they have always done.

Mim78 Fri 25-Oct-13 11:41:05

I did wonder if he would get his job back - seems unfair otherwise, but then maybe they can't easily switch back from the new person (sorry I have no idea who this is!).

I don't agree with his politics, but agree with others that it is shocking the police should fabricate so much of the allegation (not sure exactly which parts have been shown to be untrue but it's shocking they should be making anything up).

limitedperiodonly Fri 25-Oct-13 09:45:45

Don't worry.

Abra1d Fri 25-Oct-13 08:43:53

limited I know what you mean. Not meaning to be a pedant, sorry.

Onesleeptillwembley Fri 25-Oct-13 00:07:02

The only surprise here is that Bettison wasn't involved before he resigned, saving his pension. He's had a finger in just about every dirty pie going.

deepfriedsage Thu 24-Oct-13 23:34:41

I hope the little videos on the pc's chests being trailed get rolled out nationally. All that can go wrong is them be broken. An uninterrupted video is much better than a little notebook.

deepfriedsage Thu 24-Oct-13 23:31:25

Scurryfunge thanks for posting, it can't have been easy for you.

It must feel awful to see your colleagues yesterday behave as they did when interviewed.

IsobelEliza Thu 24-Oct-13 23:03:43

Haven't met him myself but someone told me they found him very arrogant and patronizing. I think the police work under extremely tight regulation these days and the public have nothing to fear. This was a political story not a criminal matter and the federation reps were misrepresenting a situation just as Politicians often do. They certainly frequently misrepresent situations in relation to the police, frequently blaming them for society's ills (Hillsborough aside which was horrendous but a long time ago and times have changed in the police).

limitedperiodonly Thu 24-Oct-13 22:48:04

scurryfunge i dipped in and out of that thread too. It takes a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now