You've GOT to watch newsnight tonight shocker on FGM

(179 Posts)
Screwfox Tue 03-Sep-13 21:24:42

Watch this bloke justify it.
Are you a scratching?!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfp4IccdWB8&feature=youtu.be

Full report on later apparently.

janstr8talk Sun 02-Mar-14 18:23:39

hello, this is my first post. I feel so strongly about this subject that I wanted to air my views. 1. Any person that is thinking of fgm for their children should leave this country and not return as it is illegal here due to its savage nature. 2. If they do it to their child they should have all British rights removed, their passports taken back and deportation, any benefits that they have claimed should have to be paid back. 3. If they claimed benefits here and can not claim them back prior to being deported they should be sent to prison for custodial sentences where all the inmates should be informed of their crime.

Nataleejah Wed 05-Mar-14 16:04:15

Thats where the state should take children into care and deport the parents.

tallulah Wed 05-Mar-14 16:34:06

Channel 4 aired a series by Leyla Hussein here which was very powerful.

In one episode she took some young men who thought FGM was a great idea into a room with these massive plasticine vaginas. Using a huge pair of shears she used each one to demonstrate which bits were cut off in each type of FGM. She also showed them a video of a child being cut.

All of them were in tears and one was literally sick. All of them said how awful it was and there was no way that was going to happen to their daughter.

Perhaps by aiming it at the young men like this it can be stopped. The women say it's for the men- the men can say no to their daughters and sisters having it done.

ShowMeTheCocoa Wed 19-Mar-14 09:55:16

Please support this anti-FGM documentary in East Africa. We need to change attitudes on the ground in one of the heartlands of this despicable practice. Then fewer UK girls will be taken abroad to be cut. ONLY FIVE DAYS TO GO! Thank you. http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chasing-the-cut-a-film-to-stop-female-genital-mutilation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now