Casey Anthony Pregnant ? Should she be allowed to keep child...?

(8 Posts)
ChrissieTay Thu 18-Jul-13 09:52:34

I was interested to read in the news, although probably know that it's more than likely media gossip, that Casey Anthony is believed to be pregnant and it got me into looking at the case as I didn't really follow it at the time.

I really don't know what my views are on this, if in fact she is pregnant, as I still can't decide whether her father was the main culprit in the whole thing? hmm

I think she was guilty but she was found innocent as such I can't see how they can take her child away. I think there should be strong involvement from child protective services.

Jaffalemon Thu 18-Jul-13 10:02:28

I was in America for months when all of this was originally reported. Nancy Grace was obsessed with her!

A horrible case but she was found not guilty in the end. God knows how, when so many of the lies she told were proven to be total fabrication. It all got confused because her family also told so many different stories.

America has an odd legal system and even stranger reporting system. The media even reported on what makeup and deoderants she was having delivered into prisonconfused

A media and legal circus that failed her little girl in the end.

ChrissieTay Thu 18-Jul-13 10:02:32

Yeah, I think that's probably right, I guess it would be wrong to say she shouldn't be allowed anymore children as she was found not guilty, but yes, strong intervention from the services I would expect...

ChrissieTay Thu 18-Jul-13 10:04:11

It is such a strange case and what baffles me is how come she is still on good terms with her parents after accusing her father and brother of sexual abuse ?! Do you think this was true?

Jaffalemon Thu 18-Jul-13 10:10:30

I dont know if any of it was true or if it she was advised to throw out as many accusations as possible to discredit everyone who were potential witnesses against her so they all looked as bad as each otherconfused

It certainly worked as she walked away and nobody has been held accountable for her DDs murder.

I still cant get my head around the fact that her car showed signs of a decomposing body and the tape on her DD matched the one found in her homeconfused

Nancy Grace loved using the pic of Casey wrapped in the American flag half naked just to whip up a frenzy rather than reporting facts like we get over here.

SucksToBeMe Fri 19-Jul-13 09:29:15

Jaffa, I was also in the states at the time and watched hours of Nancy Grace's frenzied reporting. I think the family covered for her,the family were very guarded. Poor little girl.

ChrissieTay Fri 19-Jul-13 13:38:17

I've heard of Nancy Grace, but not sure I've ever saw her - What does she do exactly? She just a reporter? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now