Corstorphine Hill murder - photo likeness

(5 Posts)
PeterParkerSays Tue 09-Jul-13 11:59:55

I've just seen the press report about the Corstorphine Hill murder as they've anmed the victim in that really striking photo and arrested a relative.

I don't want to look at whether they are guilty or anything, I was just amazed at how accurate the artist's impression was compared to the photo released of the victim.

Skybore Tue 09-Jul-13 13:08:52

Yes, although in this case it wasn't an artists impression but the work of facial reconstruction experts at the University of Dundee. I expect this is the way forward in cases like this in the future.

Skybore Tue 09-Jul-13 13:10:18

I should've added this I guess BBC

CashmereHoodlum Tue 09-Jul-13 13:15:35

That is an amazing likeness. There hasn't been much coverage of the case in England, in the sense that you would have to go looking for it. I believe it was on Crimewatch but I didn't see that. I'm glad the victim has been identified. I hope the people who used the facial reconstruction techniques take a great deal of satisfaction in their work.

OrangeLily Tue 09-Jul-13 13:17:33

It's an unbelievable likeness but having seen the facial reconstruction in Dundee on a documentary it's quite amazing what they can do. It's creepy as hell to know she was up there for a while and her son lived at the foot of the hill too. sad Poor women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now