Anthea Turner splits from Grant Bovey

(136 Posts)
bkgirl Wed 12-Jun-13 10:37:42

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/celebritynews/anthea-turner-splits-from-husband-grant-bovey-after-13-years-8654946.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I can't help but feel sorry for her but if I am honest, I also think "well you should have expected it". He has a talent for moving on to someone younger/richer etc....what a cad!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/anthea-turner-and-grant-bovey-is-zoe-1186421

Thing is, Della and now Anthea both really loved him despite his failings - I pity any female he is involved with.

Sparklingbrook Sat 15-Jun-13 12:46:09

<waves to lazy journalists at the DM> They may have even got the quotes right this time. shock

For a paper that doesn't like MN it seems to spend the whole time reading it.

chicaguapa Sat 15-Jun-13 12:49:26

And vice versa! wink

Sparklingbrook Sat 15-Jun-13 12:50:59

I have stopped reading DM online unless there's a link in a thread and even then I don't always bother. I have no idea who the celebs are they are talking about half the time. The sidebar of shame is a mystery to me.

Frizzbonce Sat 15-Jun-13 13:15:04

I think it says a lot about her that his three daughters (the people most likely and reasonably to have an enduring dislike of her) seem to love and adore her. You can't buy that so she must have done something right with them.

And I've never understood the tidal wave of Flakegate hatred. There are millions of celebs who sell their wares or their fake hair (Cheryl Cole) for wads of cash and wouldn't think twice about flogging a Pepperami or a bar of chocolate at their wedding.

As for Bovey he looks like he leaves a trail of slime behind him. Urggh.

HazeltheMcWitch Sat 15-Jun-13 13:17:38

I know someone who is the SPIT of Grant Bovey.
He prefers that we don't mention it.

LeGavrOrf Sat 15-Jun-13 13:20:32

He is a ghastly weak looking man.

I do feel somewhat sorry for her. Marrying him fouled up her career didn't it.

Wickedwaterwitch Sat 15-Jun-13 13:23:29

Hmm, well, he was married when she started seeing him.

Wickedwaterwitch Sat 15-Jun-13 13:24:44

That having been said, I do feel a bit sorry for her.

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 15-Jun-13 13:28:29

Poor Anthea.
OK they broke up two marriages but the relationship did last a long time.
It happens.
He has now shown his true colours, and another woman has fallen for it.
What do they see in that creepy little man?

AnotherLovelyCupOfTea Sat 15-Jun-13 13:28:56

I hope she dumped him. He was a dickhead. Her next boyfriend might be a decent human being

TheCrackFox Sat 15-Jun-13 13:29:48

I reckon Anthea could rebuild her career after this - start with Loose Women and take it from there.

He looks like a poor man's circa 1983 Andrew Ridgely so God knows what she saw in the loser in the first place.

bkgirl Sat 15-Jun-13 15:10:10

That's true, Peter obviously has sensibly refrained.I guess that's the problem when a public figure - you invite people to comment on your life, particularly when you sign up for magazines like "Hello". That said, everyone deserves privacy and break ups are painful. It's just very difficult not to state the obvious (he has done it before - will do it again) and at the very least roll your eyes heavenwards when this happens, how much more so when those concerned are in the public eye? Anthea knows this and it must hurt but I guess you live and learn. It will be interesting to see if she publishes articles on it herself or takes part in chat shows etc thereby creating more debate. Debate on matters of the heart will never be stifled, look at history.

Sparklingbrook Sat 15-Jun-13 16:58:22

I like her I think. I loved her perfect housewife t-shirt folding show. She would be good on LW, better than some that seem to be on there Denzie Welch.

hermioneweasley Sat 15-Jun-13 17:02:20

Ah, sparkling, I loved her TV show too. Guilty pleasure!

Dackyduddles Sat 15-Jun-13 17:03:27

Hurrah! I wish her a long and happy life without that useless gormless waste of space who was holding her back!

Good luck!

Sparklingbrook Sat 15-Jun-13 17:10:55

Watch in awe hermione grin

Pancakeflipper Sat 15-Jun-13 17:13:58

Ooh my DP loved her show - he still folds towels the ways she showed. And he bought drawer inserts for his socks and pants.

Sparklingbrook Sat 15-Jun-13 17:18:36

She had at least 6 unsuccessful attempts at IVF sad She deserves to have some happiness.

MatersMate Sat 15-Jun-13 17:36:45

what do these women see in men like him? He looks like an utter sleazeball.

Like Darren Day?! Never understood it.

Poor cow, did feel like she was flogging a dead horse when she said it was her own fault when he had an affair, as she was working away?!

I hope she meets someone nice next time.

Sparklingbrook Sat 15-Jun-13 17:38:31

Me too Maters. Who is single at the moment?

MatersMate Sat 15-Jun-13 18:12:05

George Clooney?! That would be a turn up! And would piss Bovey right off smile

AnotherLovelyCupOfTea Sat 15-Jun-13 18:55:20

is it the one that he was seen with a while ago, a friend of his daughters? ffs I thought she looked like tamsin outwaite. She was allegedly 24 but looked older.

AnotherLovelyCupOfTea Sat 15-Jun-13 18:56:03

GC aygizz gaygay thaygough

Wahla Sat 15-Jun-13 18:58:56

I reckon his boyfriend would be non too chuffed either wink

K8Middleton Sat 15-Jun-13 18:59:42

Nasty little shit of a man behaves in nasty shitty way... hardly news.

I am sorry for anyone who invests in a marriage and it doesn't work. I hope she takes up with a naice man now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now