EDL have started a protest in Woolwich

(23 Posts)
caramelwaffle Wed 22-May-13 22:50:41

The EDL (English Defence League) have started a protest/riot in Woolwich tonight following the murder of a man today.

They are acting on fear and anger.

I will have a briefing at work within hours so will not be able to make personal comment further except to say, please do not be fearful of going on with your everyday lives.

Boomba Wed 22-May-13 23:00:10

Are you sure? are in you Woolwich? no mention of it on news sites confused

caramelwaffle Wed 22-May-13 23:05:28

I had colleagues informing me. Sky news are starting to pick up the gathering.

Boomba Wed 22-May-13 23:06:08

my apologies...it is on news sites (just not the ones i was looking at!)

BistoBear Wed 22-May-13 23:07:54

There are photographs on Twitter purporting to show people wearing balaclavas with the EDL logo gathered in Woolwich.

OddBoots Wed 22-May-13 23:10:31

Who are they fighting?

Those behind the barbaric attack today are no more representatives of Islam than Westbro Baptist represent Christians and Hitler represents vegetarians.

Boomba Wed 22-May-13 23:15:41

they are all as thick as pig shit

Well said, Odd.

scaevola Wed 22-May-13 23:36:36

SKY report on the disturbances and also an attack on a mosque.

It looks like these criminals have succeeded in their initial attack, and also in disrupting a swathe of London and in sowing wider discord.

Are EDL really too thick to realise they are furthering the likely aims of the perpetrators?

Pan Wed 22-May-13 23:39:11

The EDL are indeed a bunch of massively thick cunts.

OberonTheHopeful Wed 22-May-13 23:49:51

The EDL are indeed a bunch of massively thick cunts.

Brilliantly put grin

Pan Wed 22-May-13 23:58:41

Evening Oberon!! How's you? Nice bit of cocoa on the go?? smile

OberonTheHopeful Thu 23-May-13 00:04:24

Of course Pan! What is life without cocoa? smile

mummylin Thu 23-May-13 00:06:12

Waves to Pan.

Pan Thu 23-May-13 00:09:56

mummylin hey to you too!!

pinkballetflats Thu 23-May-13 01:15:49

A bystander says one of the assailants told her they wanted to start a war in London tonight....well done EDL and other similar knobheads....

Sparklymommy Thu 23-May-13 07:13:46

This is playing right into the perpetrators hands. How unbelievable that people don't see this!

fuzzywuzzy Thu 23-May-13 07:17:17

There've been attacks on a mosque in Gillingham and Braintree, stay safe everyone.

Didn't take long did it.
odd well said!!!!

JennyPiccolo Thu 23-May-13 07:35:22

I wonder where they got balaclavas printed? Racists R Us?

And if they're so entitled to England's streets, why are they covering their faces?

OddBoots Thu 23-May-13 09:33:14

There is a sad irony in the fact the EDL have far more in common with the men who killed the soldier than your everyday Muslim has. Both are being eaten up by vengeful hate and striking out in a barbaric way.

bkgirl Thu 23-May-13 14:24:45

Hate and extremism is always ugly. How anyone can think they are better than anyone else because of their colour, nationality or religion is beyond me. This must have been very frightening for the residents and the police who had to attend.

OberonTheHopeful Thu 23-May-13 20:00:25

I think OddBoots has it just right. Unfortunately there is no shortage of people willing to take advantage of the vulnerable and impressionable sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now