Tia Sharpe case

(211 Posts)
phantomnamechanger Tue 07-May-13 20:40:40

I had been wondering about this case ever since it first hit the headlines last year, as my DD is the same age as Tia
uk.news.yahoo.com/tia-sharp-hazell-took-photo-girls-body-163949011.html#R5Rq9Sd distressing details emerging of this case. poor child. I hope her killer gets a very very very long sentence. What a week, with this and the April Jones case. Sick, sick individuals.

Maryz Sat 18-May-13 17:05:33

The trouble is, while there is a seemingly never-ending supply of people who are happy to go on the likes of Jeremy Kyle and air all their dirty laundry for the whole world to judge, it is hardly surprising that some peoples' opinions of what is "normal" are so badly skewed.

It doesn't really matter whether they are paid for interviews. And it's worth pointing out that people read the newspapers, so are obviously happy to (indirectly) pay for them. There is a section of society that enjoys vicariously living through others - and the more murky the lives the subjects lead the happier those people are.

I agree the interviewers, the editors and most of all the readers of these publications should shoulder some of the blame for skewing society's perception of what is acceptable human behaviour sad

deepfriedsage Sat 18-May-13 17:09:38

I think they should have used the ITV program to get their story out if it helped them come to terms with things. Too many interviews could appear to be making money on a tradgedy and seem like Peter Andre.

deepfriedsage Mon 20-May-13 11:49:38

Tia's Dad was on This Morning. It was sad hearing PS point out his argument was flawed, that there are still murders in US where death penalthy is in place. I feel sorry for the guy, he lost his child, its sad he chose not to see her for years.

childrencomefirst Mon 20-May-13 13:20:59

As soon as the dad came on This Morning I switched it over. I couldnt care less about his feelings, the mother's feeling or the gran's.

I am fed up seeing daily reports of babies/children being murdered (usually by the mother's boyfriend). Tia's family let her down. I cannot sympathise with her family.

handcream Mon 20-May-13 13:44:57

He is touting his views across the media and apparently is being paid £1000's for his side of the story. This family are awful, they seem quite happy to take the money but this guy had little time for Tia when she was alive.

Horrible man. Hopefully the media will stop offering people like this money for 'their side of the story'!

childrencomefirst Mon 20-May-13 14:34:36

Well said Handcream.

Making money out of this is disgusting!

Talking to a friend who works in child protection the other day - she pointed out that since Hazell was a crack dealer his income would be very much missed by the family now he is behind bars.

Hence the tv appearances shock

boschy Fri 24-May-13 10:08:44

I just cannot believe the defence... "I forgot" WTAF?

miffybun73 Fri 24-May-13 10:56:30

Are you thinking of the April Jones case ? "I forgot" what I did with the body?

boschy Fri 24-May-13 14:31:16

sorry miffy, you're right! wrong thread [embarrassed]

miffybun73 Fri 24-May-13 14:52:09

Don't worry, just thought I'd point it out so you can jump on the right one smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now