stuart hall haa pleaded guilty

(114 Posts)
mouseymummy Thu 02-May-13 10:31:13

The entertainer Stuart hall has pleaded guilty to the sex offences he was charged with... I believe one was against a 9yo girl.

I was shocked by him being arrested.... Now, I'm just saddened.

BBC news has reported this on the website, ill link in a minute.

iclaudius Fri 03-May-13 17:21:30

Money?

HotheadPaisan Fri 03-May-13 17:22:10

Not sure why the conversation should focus on women. What drove and enabled him to do what he did is the main question.

Pan Fri 03-May-13 17:38:04

There is the possibility that women remain with such men because they love them.

handcream Fri 03-May-13 17:41:54

I did wonder about money and status. I am a huge film fan - mainly old Hollywood films. Most of the leading men in Hollywood had affair after affair yet their wives clung on for dear life in many cases despite being treated with little respect.

And yes, a close relative had an abusive ex partner. She had no real reason to stay, well qualifed, very supportive family - yet she did and made excuse after excuse for him and worried her parents sick. The only reason it broke up was because HE decided it should finish.

She claimed she 'loved him'.

Acandlelitshadow Fri 03-May-13 18:31:31

I agree too, jennymac.

How it couldn't be a complete dealbreaker is beyond my comprehension. I do think in MIL's case that she had been subtly manipulated for years before the abuse came to light and these men (along with the predatory women who also offend) are of course masters of manipulation and deceit. That doesn't stop once they've been exposed.

iclaudius - I'm so glad your abuser got a jail sentence. Having fought all the way to the High Court for a review of 'our' perp's sentence and seeing it increased to a jail term (sadly less than it should have been but better than the nothing he got beforehand) I'm very hopeful Hall and others of his ilk will see the inside of a cell too.

HotheadPaisan Sat 04-May-13 07:35:38

Hall so sorry he's disposing of his assets to avoid compensation claims:

www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/04/stuart-hall-home

Jux Sat 04-May-13 11:16:10

Fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of being wrong, fear of all sorts of things. We have no idea what an abuser's spousal relationship can be like. We know that an awful lot of women are so scared of their husbands when they are the victims that they stay and stay despite all sorts of things which would normally be deal-breakers. I know a woman whose jaw was broken by her h. They're still together, even though he slaps their dd around too - and always did.

SH liked screwing young girls. That doesn't mean he was utterly wonderful as a husband. He could easily have bullied his wife, or beat her, or anything, so that she is a shell of what she was and has no faith in herself. Just like so women on the relationships boards here.

One form of abuse doesn't preclude any other taking place.

CFSKate Sat 04-May-13 11:19:32

CredulousThicko - how odd, it was there, I just copied and pasted it. It's mentioned on twitter.

iclaudius Sat 04-May-13 20:51:08

my family all stand by the abusive patriarch
he is wealthy
he buys people stuff

Acandlelitshadow Sun 05-May-13 11:13:25

Quite, iclaudius.

Abuser had plenty of support in court. Friends and family. Same people even when they heard exactly what he had done spelled out in evidence and a guilty plea. He's not wealthy so perhaps they justified it as supporting MIL. No difference to us.

And we are the bad guys for pursuing justice hmm

iclaudius Sun 05-May-13 14:22:15

A candle - similar story - loads of friends at the court all loud and proud. We were huddled in some hidden room - the irony
Hard to stomach!

lisaro Sun 05-May-13 14:45:33

And the sick bastard had akready started disposing of his assets to his wife. Sorry, but his wife is involved, even if she didnt actually touch the peopke herself. Evil bitch.

iclaudius Sun 05-May-13 15:12:36

Yes she's happy to have his assets in her name lest the poor unfortunates who are ruining her husbands life should hassle him for it

LineRunner Sun 05-May-13 18:29:37

If she's colluding, they should sue her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now