stuart hall haa pleaded guilty

(114 Posts)
mouseymummy Thu 02-May-13 10:31:13

The entertainer Stuart hall has pleaded guilty to the sex offences he was charged with... I believe one was against a 9yo girl.

I was shocked by him being arrested.... Now, I'm just saddened.

BBC news has reported this on the website, ill link in a minute.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 02-May-13 14:51:40

Hopefully if he goes to jail the other prisoners will let him know

Dawndonna Thu 02-May-13 15:08:23
LineRunner Thu 02-May-13 15:29:28

The headline of Dawndonna's BBC link is Stuart Hall told 5 Live: 'Any 10-year-old can instruct you in oral or anal sex'. Comments eight years ago had been defended as 'satirical banter' by BBC.

I reminded of the MN tenet on Relationships that when a man tells you what he is, start listening.

Fuicking scary.

lisaro Thu 02-May-13 17:47:49

It'll be interesting to see if his wife leaves him. I know it's extremely early days but I could only judge somebody that condones this as complicit.

everlong Thu 02-May-13 18:31:48

Oh my god. The bastard.

A nine year old girl. Let's hope he gets all he deserves.

mouseymummy Thu 02-May-13 18:36:10

Lisaro, if she knew I think she should be charged with perverting the course of justice tbh. If she didn't know about it then, I really feel for her, to find out something like this after so many years must be difficult but if she knew....

donnie Thu 02-May-13 18:38:38

just read dawndonna's link.....bloody hell.

And what is to be said about the BB fucking C and their complicity.....Hall.....Saville....bunch of arses IMO. Who else have they been shielding ?

Their refusal to condemn this sort of thing AT THE TIME is tantamount to encouragement.

northender Thu 02-May-13 18:52:34

This is the first of these kind of threads I've posted on. When I was 15 I was assaulted in a similar way to those described in this case. It was a man who owned a restaurant I worked in. It was the most awful thing that ever happened to me, affected me profoundly and still does. I felt no-one would believe me, my parents felt no-one would believe me so I said nothing. Years later I found out he had been accused of rape but was acquitted in court. I now carry guilt that I never said anything.
But the point of my post was to say, however "minor" these things appear to some people (not posters on here obv) they are far from minor and I hope all the perpetrators are made to pay.

LineRunner Thu 02-May-13 19:00:07

northender I am so sorry about what happened to you. I think this guilty plea by Stuart Hall is really very significant because no-one can bleat on about a 'bad verdict'. He did it. The victims are telling the truth.

I hope this marks a new era, somehow, of girls being believed and supported.

Jux Thu 02-May-13 19:08:00

I believe you, northender.

I hope this case along with the others being investigated atm, show people that it's never too late.

SH is a nasty piece of work. Sincerely hope he's chucked into prison and gets all he deserves while there.

The BBC are pathetic.

everlong Thu 02-May-13 19:10:38

Northender I'm so sorry that happened to you sad

IDoTakeTwo Thu 02-May-13 19:15:36

What an utterly vile man. He certainly deserves to go to prison.

Fwiw, a prison I visit as a volunteer, is needing to install mobility aids, as a significant number of sex offenders, who can be quite elderly when their crimes finally catch up with them, are being sentenced.

In addition, a proportion of sex offenders,seem to carry injuries which can impair their mobility. I don't know how, or by whom.

CFSKate Thu 02-May-13 19:19:15
northender Thu 02-May-13 20:19:18

Your support means a lot, thank you. I'm lucky to have a really supportive dh who I can talk to about this but I find I don't talk to others about it much as it seems too trivial for want of a better word. I know it's not trivial, I cried as I wrote that last post.
I wish all his victims strength and peace.

Dawndonna Thu 02-May-13 20:25:28

I'm so sorry northender. I can only hope that these awful cases will give some sort of hope to others. You are very brave and I wish you strength and peace, too.
x

HotheadPaisan Thu 02-May-13 20:25:34

I wish there was a way to electronically and possibly even anonymously log incidents with whatever details you can remember and it alls gets compiled and finds a link if there is one to be found. At the very least it would get the reports in the system.

everlong Thu 02-May-13 20:26:55

I haven't been in your situation Northender so I won't say I know how it feels but I know 100% that what happened to you was in no way trivial. Far from it.
I'm glad you have a supportive family I'm sure it helps you.

flowers

northender Thu 02-May-13 20:30:00

I've been thinking about that actually. I may speak to the police without naming names and try to find out what I could do. I think he is still alive and I am quite sure there will have been many other incidents. I can be reasonably specific on dates etc. I will consider that.

northender Thu 02-May-13 20:31:17

What a fab place Mumsnet is. You're all wonderful smile

finickypinickity Thu 02-May-13 20:37:57

CFSKate i hope the woman who wrote the letter was one of the victims that he has been held accountable for. Its all so sad.

Its about time they started pulling all of those in power who colluded and covered up a lot of this abuse up.

everlong Thu 02-May-13 20:38:26

I think this whole situation with Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall etc just shows that even after many years woman can come forward and tell the police what has happened and be listened to and believed.

I can only think that that must feel a relief.

CredulousThicko Thu 02-May-13 20:39:54

CFSKateThu 02-May-13 19:19:15

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/how-i-exposed-stuart-halls-abuse-yasmin-alibhaibrown-on-the-anonymous-letter-that-kickstarted-the-sex-assault-investigation-8601517.html

"His mates, including an MP who is now a peer, she claims, helped Hall with his filthy hobby."

CFSKate, it now just says "His mates, she claims, helped Hall with his filthy hobby" has it been changed already?!

LineRunner Thu 02-May-13 20:42:09

The news I watched says that a rape charge is being 'held on file' and not being prosecuted in the public interest or words to that effect. What does that mean, does anyone know?

northender I hope you feel some sense of justice that one of these men said 'I am guilty'.

lisaro Thu 02-May-13 20:47:07

Mouseymummy sorry I wasnt clear. What I mean is; if she stays with him now hes actually admitted it, and can't deny it, then she condones it, then as far as I'm concerned, it would be almost as bad as him. Complicit wasn't quite the word, was it.

Clayhead Thu 02-May-13 20:57:20

LineRunner - it said on the radio it is so that that woman in question does not have to go to court to be questioned/have to relive everything etc. He will already be a convicted sex offender so making her go through that for him to get another conviction would not be worth the potential hurt for her, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now