stuart hall haa pleaded guilty

(114 Posts)
mouseymummy Thu 02-May-13 10:31:13

The entertainer Stuart hall has pleaded guilty to the sex offences he was charged with... I believe one was against a 9yo girl.

I was shocked by him being arrested.... Now, I'm just saddened.

BBC news has reported this on the website, ill link in a minute.

I hope he does go to prison, he is a child abuser, he needs to serve his sentence like everyone else.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 02-May-13 13:02:14

I didnt know who this guy was till now but am shocked at a 9yo victim sad if he walks "free" let's hope he is shunned by all his family and friends for the remainder of his (hopefully short) life.

mouseymummy Thu 02-May-13 13:07:05

I'm still feeling very shaken by hid full statement from outside the court.

"his disgrace is complete" personally, is say his disgrace was complete the moment he said the women were lying outside the court a few short weeks ago.

The women and children have had to live with this for a hell of a long time and have thought long and hard about coming forward, they've probably tied themselves up in knots trying to work our if this was the right thing to do or not. Then to sit through police interviews and relive what they went through at his hands. No matter how well handled by the police, its going to be a very harrowing experience and they will have suffered, then, on top of all that, to be so publicly accused of lying and "persuing a celebrity" is vile, disgusting and quite frankly, sick.

We believe you

donnie Thu 02-May-13 13:08:50

he is a paedophile and sex offender. He belongs in prison. I don't give a fuck how old or infirm he is.

AnyaKnowIt Thu 02-May-13 13:09:34

And not forgetting the fact that he said that the false claims nearly drove him to suicide. Evil, evil, evil man.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 02-May-13 13:21:41

Oh yes sorry, please don't infer from my post I think he should be spared prison. But if he is, let's hope life on the outside's pretty miserale

Did he plead guilty in the hope of a non custodial sentence I wonder?

LineRunner Thu 02-May-13 13:38:54

Probably, Dreams, probably. But this is a really siginficant guilty plea. Like you said upthread, the naysayers will have to stick this one in their pipes.

Just wow.

finickypinickity Thu 02-May-13 13:42:40

Another 3 Australian women are alleging abuse by Rolf harris.

Its just shock after shock and i hope Stuart Hall spends a long time looking at 4 prison cell walls thinking about that vile statement he made at the very beginning of this. It just shows what a disgusting man he is.

I'm with donnie. Age and fragility should be no protection from the law.

edam Thu 02-May-13 13:52:15

BBC report says he was allowed to sit with his barristers in court rather than in the dock - why? Why should someone who did horrible horrible things and then lied about them in public, accusing his victims of lying, be given special favours - even if he is in his 80s?

finickypinickity Thu 02-May-13 14:00:20

It must be a bit odd for his legal team who were defending him as a poor innocent victim of being wrongly accused and then the big turn around and oops i forgot to mention i'm guilty.

Do legal teams just defend or do they genuinely have to believe the defendant is innocent?

lisaro Thu 02-May-13 14:16:56

If it hadn't been made obvious to him that he'd more than likely be found guilty he would still be spouting his evil lies and slander. He has also trued to play the sympathy card with reference s to ill health and downfall. He is a thoroughly rotten human, through and through. Ive rarely seen such evil.

LineRunner Thu 02-May-13 14:17:43

I just heard on the radio his mitgation is that 'it wasn't the worst kind of sexual abuse', it was kissing and touching over clothes. Of a 9 year old. FFS.

Yeah, I think he's going for a funny handshake suspended sentence.

pickledginger Thu 02-May-13 14:21:27

He seems to have changed legal representation between 'dismissing the allegations against him as "pernicious, callous, cruel and above all spurious"' and admitting them.

Lottapianos Thu 02-May-13 14:22:36

'I just heard on the radio his mitgation is that 'it wasn't the worst kind of sexual abuse', it was kissing and touching over clothes'

For the love of all that's sane! These people are so utterly sick and disgusting.

noddyholder Thu 02-May-13 14:25:45

I think he probably has tales to tell that could implicate others so fear his punishment may be anything but because of what he knows. unbelievable when you see his indignant denials only weeks ago sad

Acandlelitshadow Thu 02-May-13 14:31:59

I am hugely hopeful he will go to prison based on personal experience.

Age should never be a valid barrier to justice.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 02-May-13 14:35:06

Lotta. Worrying thing is that he probably genuinely believes that what he did wasn't so bad. He probably believes she was complicit in some way.
I am starting to think that some people are plain evil.
On the bill roach thread ( who I appreciate has not been convicted). Some people were saying how can he remember that far back. I said I'd remember a crime I'd committed all my life. But actually they're right, some people wouldn't see this sort of thing as a crime. Woukdnt remember it any more than I remember doing 34 in a 30 limit 6 years ago.

GirlWithOneEye Thu 02-May-13 14:35:14

I think it's unlikely he will go to prison - we have seen worse in the news and people have got away.
Like other posters have said, the fact he pleaded guilty will go in his favour - which is obviously wrong.
Such a shame that essentially, he will still get away with it, I really dont think he'll get a custodial sentence.

Does anyone know if he will be stripped of his OBE?
He just got it in, 2012 new years eve!

Trazzletoes Thu 02-May-13 14:39:13

finicky you don't have to genuinely believe a person is innocent. But if your client admits the crime to you, then you can't continue to represent them unless they plead guilty.

Lottapianos Thu 02-May-13 14:39:47

You're probably right Stealth - lots of people think awful things like 'you know what young girls are like', 'she probably led him on', 'he was surrounded by all these young birds, what was he supposed to do???'

I hope, I really do, that people's attitudes will change with all these high profile cases coming out. The whole thing is so sad

He bloody should be.

finickypinickity Thu 02-May-13 14:43:45

Thanks Trazzle maybe he didnt see anything wrong with his past behaviour like Stealth saidhmm

Thats why he needs to go to prison so he can have the time to have a think about what he has done wrong, and let others know that it is wrong and no one is above the law, and time will not eradicate the crime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now