5 year old kills his sister with his birthday gun in US

(84 Posts)
Slainte Wed 01-May-13 20:10:38

Title says it all, here's the link.

When will people fucking learn? angry

nancy75 Wed 01-May-13 20:16:03

The thought of buying a gun for a 5 year old really is nothing short of insane. This is such a terribly sad story which just did not need to happen

TallGiraffe Wed 01-May-13 20:19:06

It comes in a number of child-friendly barrel designs and colors, including hot pink for little girls. A host of accessories are also available, like story books and a gun-toting beanie baby of the rifle’s mascot, a cartoonish cricket.

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Slainte Wed 01-May-13 20:27:08

That's the thing Nancy, completely unnecessary and yet you could see this tragedy coming a mile off if you leave a gun "in the corner of a room".

Oh Tall that part made my heckles go in to overdrive!

Hulababy Wed 01-May-13 20:29:25

"“Just one of those crazy accidents,” "

From the article.

sad Says it all doesn't it?

So easily preventable. Really, who in their right mind thinks a 5yo should have a gun?

Mollydoggerson Wed 01-May-13 20:30:25

Disgusting.

How tragic for that little boy to have to live with that memory.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Wed 01-May-13 20:32:33

oh, awful, awful. Poor little girl and poor boy.

ginmakesitallok Wed 01-May-13 20:32:34

And he'd been given t the gun last year! The coroner has said it was just one of those crazy accidents. My 3 year old fell off the windowsill today, that was an accident. A 5 year old killing his 3 year old sister with his own gun is not a crazy accident. What sort of parent buys their 5 year old a gun.?.?

StealthOfficialCrispTester Wed 01-May-13 20:33:44

exactly.

msrisotto Wed 01-May-13 20:35:00

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN???? It's SO frustrating, they're off their fucking rockers.

NeedsTherapy Wed 01-May-13 20:36:26

Hullababy, I didn't get past that sentence.
It's not just 'one of those crazy accidents' a gun was bought for a 5 year old, it was left in the corner of the room and no one checked to see I it was empty.

I would say its inevatable really.

FFS. Madness. And now that poor kid has to live with this for the rest of his life.

nancy75 Wed 01-May-13 20:40:18

I can almost accept that lots of people in the US feel they need / have a right to a gun, but I can't imagine any reason that a child would need one, or how anyone could think it a good idea to buy a gun for a child. I am also amazed that the parents of 2 small children would keep a gun in the corner

This is insanity. Who buys a gun for a four year old? Come to that what sort of sick idiot markets a gun for a four year old? And why would anybody keep a gun in the corner of a room?

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Wed 01-May-13 20:46:35

sad

angry

unfortunately not [shocked] though.

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Wed 01-May-13 20:47:09

or shock even.

Pan Wed 01-May-13 20:49:49

Sad truth is that this will make no difference at all to the power of the gun tootin lobby in the US.

Dawndonna Wed 01-May-13 21:13:14

God bless the NRA!
angry

edam Wed 01-May-13 22:50:09

Oh good grief. How awful and stupid and easily preventable. WTF is the company selling this stuff thinking and what on earth were the parents thinking?

mercibucket Wed 01-May-13 22:53:46

darwin in action sad

ReallyTired Wed 01-May-13 22:54:44

That is so tragic. Prehaps the little boy did not realise it was a real gun or understand that his sister would die of he pulled the trigger.

It is not a crazy accident. The parents are guilty of manslaughter.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Wed 01-May-13 22:56:23

merci that's an awful thing to say

It beggars belief that his sister was protected from the dangers if Kinder Eggs but not a fucking rifle.

That poor child.sad

StealthOfficialCrispTester Wed 01-May-13 23:05:45

Both of them. My 6yo plays with toy guns and spiderman web shooters but he'd be a sobbing mess if one actually fired, never mind hurt someone else.

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Wed 01-May-13 23:07:31

forgive my ignorance but what does 'darwin in action' mean?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now