The April Jones trial has started

(369 Posts)

The trial of Mark Bridger for the abduction and murder of April Jones plus some other charges has started today. From what I've read of the initial statements given by the prosecution, it's clearly going to be a very distressing case.
My thoughts are with all in court including the jury but most especially with April's parents who are in court. I don't know how they can bear it.

HeySoulSister Tue 30-Apr-13 13:29:20

those poor parents....don't know how they can bear it either

this only seems like yesterday it happened too

jamtoast12 Tue 30-Apr-13 13:46:18

Just watched this briefly on the news outlining the charges and evidence. Literally had me in tears as I have a dd age 5. The evidence mentioned sounds much worse than what was suggested in the media last year sad sad

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Tue 30-Apr-13 13:47:36

sad I just hope they find out where she is. It's so sad.

georgedawes Tue 30-Apr-13 13:51:23

Her poor parents.

The evidence looks really distressing sad

edam Tue 30-Apr-13 13:56:21

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BrianButterfield Tue 30-Apr-13 14:13:06

It's desperately sad, isn't it? I'm amazed that none of these details got leaked to the press - I expect there was an injunction but there wasn't even a hint about it. Awful.

INeedThatForkOff Tue 30-Apr-13 14:29:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

I too have a daughter who was 6 last week. Unbearable is the only possible description.

CajaDeLaMemoria Tue 30-Apr-13 14:36:49

HumphreyCobbler Tue 30-Apr-13 14:38:48

Unbearable. I just cannot imagine sad

There aren't words. Horrific only just touches it.

lottieandmia Tue 30-Apr-13 15:15:22

ZZZenagain Tue 30-Apr-13 15:19:16

haven't heard these details yet. So sad. The poor family, nightmare.

deepfriedsage Tue 30-Apr-13 15:21:49

My heart goes out to her family, so distressing for then.

ZZZenagain Tue 30-Apr-13 15:24:23

read it now. Sounds like the worst they would have feared for her.

MooncupGoddess Tue 30-Apr-13 15:45:42

georgedawes Tue 30-Apr-13 15:57:22

Animation Tue 30-Apr-13 15:59:00

edam Tue 30-Apr-13 16:08:12

It's not necessarily being 'respectful to the bastard' it's about not prejudicing a fair trial. How awful would it be if someone guilty of a terrible crime walked free because of speculation on the internet rendering a fair trial impossible?

Fleecyslippers Tue 30-Apr-13 16:12:16

5318008 Tue 30-Apr-13 16:13:58

yes agree Edam, circumspection v important

I have just read the Telegraph piece, and yes, Fleecyslippers, horror here too

Animation Tue 30-Apr-13 16:16:44

RooneyMara Tue 30-Apr-13 16:19:34

Would the poor little thing's parents have been made aware of these details prior to today?

Sidge Tue 30-Apr-13 16:22:02

The details on the BBC website are just horrific sad

How her parents can sit and listen to that I just don't know. It must be hellish. My heart aches for them. And also for the jurors, they will see and hear things that may haunt them forever.

Just so tragic. I hope justice is done for little April.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now