Rolf Harris was the man arrested as part of the inquiry into historical allegations of sexual offences.

(43 Posts)
StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:04:38

story here

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:06:32

Apparently his name has still not officially been released, not sure what has changed confused

I had heard this but it still makes me sad hmm

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:10:54

Yes there have been rumours, not sure what has changed to make it official

TSSDNCOP Fri 19-Apr-13 09:17:16

His name was announced on R2 news at 9.

So that's another much lived childhood figure disgraced.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:20:23

I know tss sad and while is seems to have always been an unpleasant figure (i beer really thought so but many seem to ave disliked him), Rolf was loved by everyone as far as I can tell

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:22:05

As in I certain never had any suspicions about js, but others seem o have disliked him

ForYourEyesYoniBrian Fri 19-Apr-13 09:22:52

No. Surely not Rolf? That makes me so sad.

Oh no. sad

TSSDNCOP Fri 19-Apr-13 09:50:49

I'm 40+ weekends were shaped around the telly when I was a kid. TOTP on Thursday, It's a Knockout on Friday, Jim'll Fix It and invariably a programme with Rolf in it on Saturday. Then I'd spend Sunday recreating the Rolf pictures.

Yes, if the allegations are true they must face the law. But FFS it's getting like from ages 6-11 I can't think back to family times, and it was whole families getting together and excited about these shows, without now knowing these people were up to all sorts.

SoupDragon Fri 19-Apr-13 09:51:41

He hasn't been charged with anything yet as I understand it

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:54:55

Ah sorry my mistake - will ask MNHQ to change thred title

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:55:25

Oh no, sorry he was arrested
TBH I find all the legal terms quite confusing so should probably just avoid using them

ObiWankenYoni Fri 19-Apr-13 09:56:19

shock

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 09:59:31

Aaargh
My last post was a recorrection, thread title is correct, he was arrested
I am not "sorry he was arrested" - obv I'm glad that the evidence against him is being investigated.

SoupDragon Fri 19-Apr-13 10:39:38

Yes, he was arrested but hasn't been charged (yet)

I too am not clear on the legal terminology but it stuck in my head from this morning's radio news!

So didn't want it to be Rolf. Have fond memories of watching him on TV, and I used to work in Maidenhead and knew staff in one of the shops where he was a regular, remember being jealous of them, especially as they said he was really friendly unlike our regular "celeb" customer

sad

Glad that the investigation is happening, but still.. Rolf was meant to be one of the good guys

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 10:55:49

Thanks soupdragon
<unites self from knots>

In general (not specifically about rolf) I am glad that this operation is showing sex offenders that they should not rely on "getting away with it", no matter how much time passes or how well known / respected you are in your community, justice will catch you up, unless of course you die first. I realise that many / most abuse goes unreported and so unpunished and it's good that yewtree is sending out this message.

Goths, it is really eye opening isn't it? I know there are good guys out there as most men are not sex offenders!

It really is, guess if he does turn out to be guilty it will really ram home the message that appearances can be deceptive

SoupDragon Fri 19-Apr-13 11:09:45

I thought from a previous thread the allegations weren't related to children.

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 11:16:24

Yes I think you're right there.

JoshNCaitlinsMummy Fri 19-Apr-13 12:38:46

With song titles such as "Two Little Boys" and "Tie Me Kangaroo Down" I can see a lot of sillyness with be flying about the internet now, but it is still sad that once again, a trusted performer (don't like the word 'celebrity', I don't celebrate them) turns out to be a dirty slimeball.

ShanksYoni Fri 19-Apr-13 12:44:12

It's just so sad.

All of these childhood figures who were a massive part of our lives - suddenly it's changed everything. I'm not really one to go along with the whole "celebrity" thing, but this has really got to me.

All I can think of is watching him on Animal Hospital and crying along with him.

We don't know it's paedophilia do we?

StealthOfficialCrispTester Fri 19-Apr-13 12:50:47

No just in relation to yewtree

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now