attack on mumsnet, anyone seen this? thoughts?

(11 Posts)
cleoteacher Sun 14-Apr-13 10:03:58

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/9977902/Poor-Amanda-is-right-about-Mumsnets-angry-brigade.html

Coconutty Costa Rica Sun 14-Apr-13 10:06:33

Seriously, who are these lazy journalists trying to get a reaction? It's like a naught child, look at me, look at me.

Boring.

footflapper Sun 14-Apr-13 10:09:25

I'm still trying to find the original thread from AH. Can someone link please?

blondieminx Sun 14-Apr-13 10:14:27

Meh... Not clicking in that article to give them more traffic.

Perhaps the lazy journo would find more heartwarming/positive stories here

ClaraOswald Sun 14-Apr-13 10:18:46

Why are journalists feeling so threatened by this site?

Maybe if they did some actual research and stayed well away from aibu, they would actually see what the site is about?

tribpot Sun 14-Apr-13 10:35:39

The article's a week old, so presumably was one of the ones written at the time of AH's initial comments. blondie's link is more relevant, I think.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 15-Apr-13 07:10:44

"600,000 registered users are more judgemental than a Fifties suburban housewife, more negative than a BBC commentator discussing Tory cuts"

She's quite right smile Stumble into the wrong section with an opinion that goes against the received wisdom and it's a pretty hair-parting experience. Not saying it's a bad thing but it's certainly not for the faint-hearted.

There has been a thread going on this for a week.

boxershorts Tue 16-Apr-13 15:10:15

Its just a diiferent set of manners

slug Tue 16-Apr-13 15:33:29

Because, fundamentally, newspapers are very uncomfortable with the concept of women having ideas and opinions and being prepared to defend them. Especially when those ideas challenge the stereotype of the "Mummy".

We are all supposed to lose our ambition and brains the minute sperm hits the egg.

DeepRedBetty Tue 16-Apr-13 15:38:09

Very soon DT links will have to join DM links as To Be Avoided. Which will leave me with very few options... is there such a thing as an intelligent paper that isn't left wing left for me to read? <wails>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now